×Chapter One×

/𝐈 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬/𝐠𝐚𝐥𝐬 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐞𝐫, 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐜 𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞. 𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐝𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐝𝐨 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫. 𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐢𝐭!\
ఌ︎♫︎ఌ︎

Rapunzel extended her arm out, reaching to grab the glowing moonstone. A certain black-haired female was dangerously close to the moonstone. She was eyeing off the stone with dark green eyes.

Her betrayal thoughts overbearing her logical thoughts. '𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑜𝑛𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑛𝑒' a voice spoke in her mind, echoing with each letter.

'𝐼𝑡'𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑑𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑦..'

Cassandra wasn't so sure, she tried her best to overide the thoughts, but they just kept coming in.. haunting her..

'𝑅𝑎𝑝𝑢𝑛𝑧𝑒𝑙 ℎ𝑎𝑠 𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒𝑛 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑚 𝑦𝑜𝑢.. 𝑖𝑡'𝑠 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘'

She was at a loss for once. Unsure whether to take the stone or not, but the voice just kept repeating. '𝐼𝑡'𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑑𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑦' and '𝐷𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑜𝑦 𝑅𝑎𝑝𝑢𝑛𝑧𝑒𝑙, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑜𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑑𝑒𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢.'

Rapunzel inched closer her fingers almost touching the tone. Until Cassandra grabbed the stone and held it tightly in her palm. "Cass..?" She turned to Cassandra her expression turning hurtful.

" You have to be careful who you trust..  princess.."
ఌ︎♫︎ఌ︎

Varian woke up sweating, he had another nightmare. It felt so real.. Ruddiger was fast asleep on the boy's lap. Making it difficult to move around, not that he had much room in the dirty and dark cell of Corona's jail.

"Why was that so real..?" He mumbled to himself, he was just about to get up so he could pace around. When small footsteps echoed in the jail.

The people in the cells staring at the figure, who walked in the cell. Their faces shooken. The person stopped outside Varian's cell, which surprised the anxious boy.

"Hello Varian. I'm here to let you out. Time is of the essence please hurry up."

Varian stared at the Queen, wondering if he should believe her or not. This could very well be a dream.. for all he knew.

"It's not a dream." Arianna looked generally concerned. "Please.."

He finally thought it wasn't a dream, and decided to believe her. "O-okay Queen Arianna." Varian picked Ruddiger up, who squeaked softly, mostly likely upset that he was woken. "Sorry bud. We've got important business to do." He let out a chirp and layed across Varian's neck instantly falling back asleep. He let out a chuckle and stood up walking to the cell. "I'm ready.." /𝐀𝐬 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞~\

"Guards. Let him out." The guards widened their eyes. "But your majesty-" Arianna rounded on them. "Now!" She said in an urgent tone. The guards nodded and unlocked Varian's cell. "And his cuffs." They nodded once again, knowing not to defy a direct order.

"But-" Arianna grabbed his wrist a little too tightly. "We must hurry. " he flinched slightly, his wrists had huge red marks. Thanks to the guards taking away his thick black gloves. Making his wrists bleed almost constantly. It was annoying, now that he was free he should probably bandage them up sometime..

Arianna led Varian into the throne room, Nigel was standing next to the king. Glaring at the boy, he avoided his eyes and looked around, covering his eyes as best as he could trying to avoid the sunlight blinding his eyes.

The king was also glaring at Varian, as if he didn't feel bad. Everyone was glaring at him except..  Varian rested his eyes on the sparkling wait-not sparkling green eyes of the princess. She looked more upset then usual, her hair was a mess. And there were slight tear stains on her red cheeks.

"Varian.." She whispered, the whole room was silent as they waited for the princess to continue. She looked like she would burst into tears at any second. "I..I..I suggested to my parents for you to be let out. A-and-"

Varian decided to interrupt, his tone wasn't harsh nor angry. It was..calm and full of grief and sorrow. "I-I'm sorry for what I did!" He felt the need to kinda yell it. Since it didn't sink in to anyone that he was genuinely sorry for his past mistakes.

Rapunzel looked shocked "well.. thank you. I just want to say, before I continue. That I am really sorry also."

"You honestly have no reason to be sorry prin-" Rapunzel cut him off. "Please..  call me Rapunzel, and I was partly. And mostly to blame. Please don't fight with me on this one. I didn't bring you here to fight, or hang you."

Varian widened his baby blue eyes. "T-then why did you..?" He awaited her answer patiently.

"It's..it's Cass she.." Rapunzel burst into tears, she just couldn't handle speaking the words. The king instantly hugged his daughter comforting her.

Causing Varian to feel a stab at his heart, he missed his dad.

"What my daughter is trying to say.." Arianna continued. "Cassandra.. she took the moonstone. And is trying to destroy Rapunzel and all of Corona." Her eyes were full of sorrow as she spoke.

"Wh-what!?" A few tears rolled down his cheeks. Which surprised everyone in the room, except Rapunzel. She knew he had feelings for the older woman in the past. "I-I are you s-sure? Why Cassie..? Why you..?"
ఌ︎♫︎ఌ︎

/𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩! 𝐇𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬!\

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 891