×Chapter Three×

Rapunzel widened her green eyes. The princess lowered her gaze, almost angry.. if Cassandra hurt Varian.. no, she couldn't think like that.. she HAD to be positive. But without Eugene that was increasingly hard.

He had gone on a mission at the last minute, and the princess felt more lonely then ever before. She felt sad without now that her boyfriend, nor Cassandra by her side. Only a frightful young maid going by the name of Faith.

Not that Faith wasn't a good maid, she was. But she wasn't.. Cassandra.

"Princess? Are you okay?" Rapunzel nodded then answered. "Adira, I need to grab everyone you can, tell them to meet me at the dark kingdom. "

"Your going alone? I don't think that's very wise-"

"I can handle myself.. please.."

Adira nodded and ran off. Rapunzel let out a sigh and sunk into her throne. "Please be okay Varian.."

~~~~

Varian blinked a couple times, a few tears threatening to fall. 'Stop being a baby..' he thought to himself. 'It's not like Cassie hurt you.. or tried to kill you.. ' he thought for a moment.

"But why did she ask me to join her?" He asked himself, mumbling even though nobody was there to hear him.

That's what he thought until a ghost girl suddenly appeared. Scaring him as soon as she spoke.

(𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨 𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐥. 𝐒𝐨 𝐮𝐦.. 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐧. 𝐇𝐞𝐡..)

"I see your having a bit of trouble-"

"Woah wait! Wh-who are you? And where did you even come from?"

The ghost girl smiled widely. "I'm..a friend.. and I would like to help. If you'd let me."

"A friend.. right. Um, why would you want to help me?"

She tapped her chin, surprisingly her finger didn't fade through her face. Which chilled Varian to the bone. "Because. I know why Cassandra wants you to join her."

This raised suspicion in Varian. "You..how could you possibly know?" She was silent for a moment. "Because, as I said before." She sounded slightly annoyed but tried to cover it up. "I am Cassandra's friend. "

"Okay.." Varian looked away, trying to avoid the glare of the ghost girls dark eyes. Deffinatly a friend of Cass, he thought bitterly. "So.. why then?"

"It's simple really." She examined her nails, then looked at Varian dead in the eyes. Varian swore he saw them sparkle. "She has a .. how do humans say it? Crush.. on you.. young man.."

He let out a gasp, completely shocked. Cassandra.. had a crush..  on him!? What!?

"I think there's some mistake here.. this is Cassie-I - mean Cassandra, we are talking about here.. she doesn't like to show emotions.. " he mumbled quietly, his heart thumped loudly. Almost beating out of his chest.

"Call it what you will. But I know she does.." and with that the ghost girl poorer out if sight, but not out of mind.

"Strange.." Varian mumbled rubbing his baby blue eyes. Before he knew it he layed down and closed his eyes, drifting off into a dreamless sleep.

~~~~

/𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭? 𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫.. 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐢𝐭!\

/𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 530\