Chapter 16

"Why are you copying Marinette's color scheme all of a sudden?" The squeaky voiced kwami asked.

"I'm not doing this because of Marinette," Adrien said as he slipped his arms into a white button up shirt, "I just thought it might trigger something if I wear this."

Though, now that he thought about it, this new outfit had the exact same colors as Marinette's usual outfit. White overshirt, black T-shirt, blue jeans, and all that. What was it about this color combination that felt so peculiar?

Adrien's line of sight traveled from the mirror in front of him to a portrait of Marinette taped on the wall nearby. The picture seemed to be from an ad for some type of perfume, showcasing the midnight haired girl with her arms spread out as if she were flying. Squinting his eyes, Adrien leaned in to get a closer look at that image.

The picture grew distorted, changing the shape of her face and entire body in general. Once it was finished, the person that replaced Marinette in that picture almost made Adrien scream.

It was himself, and he was wearing an outfit that was almost identical to the one he was currently wearing. The only difference was that this boy in the portrait wore a completely white outfit. Adrien stumbled back, wide eyed. With his mouth hanging open, he lifted a trembling finger, pointing it straight towards the picture of him. He turned his head to look at the red kwami floating by his side, who was too occupied with checking out Adrien's new look to notice what happened to the picture.

"Tikki," Adrien began shakily, "Do you... Do you see this?"

Tikki's light blue eyes followed his finger. She blinked once before tilting her head in confusion, as well as concern for her holder.

"See what?" Tikki asked, "It's just a picture of Marinette. I see those everyday now, they're all over your room you know."

"What?"

Adrien looked back at the picture, where Marinette's figure had returned. He lifted an eyebrow as he slowly lowered his arm.

"No, I swear I'm not going crazy," Adrien grunted, "I saw me in that picture!"

"Maybe you should start going to sleep earlier," Tikki suggested.

Adrien sighed, "Forget it, let's just get to school. I'm actually not late for once."

Whatever was off with the world, he had a feeling it had something to do with Marinette. But what was it about her, other than the fact that he was head over heels for her?

~

"Sorry for leaving you alone last night," Nino said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"No worries, it actually didn't go so bad," Adrien laughed, "By the way, why are you still wearing that hat?"

Adrien gestured to the red baseball cap that Nino wore as his "disguise", to which Nino just shrugged in response.

"I guess you can say Alya and I sort of made a deal."

Adrien blinked, "Alya? Since when were you two一"

"Did I hear my name over here?"

Adrien's jaw dropped open when a girl with orange ombre hair approached the two boys. His blue eyes traveled back and forth between the new Alya and Nino. Though, for some reason, these appearances looked and felt more natural to him. Almost like they were born to have these looks.

"So you guys switched hairstyles?".

Alya nodded, "And before you ask what happened last night, basically Nino came after me when I left. I guess you can say we hit it off afterwards."