Chapter 6: War Begins

Artemis POV:

In the weeks since Percy was betrayed, things on Olympus went from bad to worse. We've been arguing for a year about the same matter and getting nothing done, ...well I do get my knives and arrows sharpened, but that's the only productive thing that has happened during these meetings. Considering the topic of these meetings, I have been keeping my hunters informed, as we just had two wars, and we are all due for a nice break.

I'm happy that a few days ago Percy, said he intends to fight alongside, wherever I choose,  but it also worries me as there is only so much war one person can take. Some Gods, like me, are even tired of the wars we are having, if it was like one every other few centuries, yeah sure that's ok. But having the prospect of three separate wars all within a decade, um no thanks.

Today, however, the meeting was different.  Poseidon, Hades, Athena, My idiotic brother Apollo, Dionysius, and Ares finally grew the balls to declare war instead of threatening war. Thankfully it was only those 6 that declared war from the Olympians. However, I have a feeling gods in relation to their domains might be joining them. With the war having been declared, my father ordered me to bring Percy to Olympus, as he wished to speak to him.

Percy's POV:

"Percy" Artemis called out, so I immediately left to go to where I heard her. 

"Percy, my father wishes to speak with you. War has just been declared on Olympus." She said looking at me, with slight worry.

"I'm taking it my father and our Uncle are leading the charge" I assumed to which she nodded. "Alright, I'll go see what Zeus wishes to speak about," I said, "Not like I have a choice" I mumbled, hoping no one would hear me, but Artemis laughed at the statement, and with that, we were off to Olympus.

Artemis and I arrived in a flash at the center of the throne room, empty of all except Zeus, and now Artemis and myself.

"Artemis, you are dismissed, I wish to speak to Perseus alone," Zeus said, in a solemn tone, as if he wasn't completely here.

As soon as Artemis was gone, he began to speak again, "Nephew..." He took a long pause here as if thinking of his words to me for once, "I'm in need of your help,...once again." He said

"And what would you have me do," I asked, cutting to the chase

"I need you to lead the armies of Olympus once more. My brothers, and others that support them, have declared war on me and Olympus. I know I haven't been the best king ever, but I try, more so as of recent than ever before." Zeus said and went on to explain who's on what side.

"If I accept"

"I'll appoint you as the Grand Polemarch of the Olympian army, the only ones who would have command over you would be myself, and the council"

I took a moment to think this through, as I would be leading an entire war effort, instead of part of one. I know I don't have Annabeth this time. So, my biggest problem would be finding a strategist or team of them, that would be able to outthink, not only, her, but Athena as well. This means I'll have to form a team more likely than not. Artemis would be my first choice based on her experience and how close she is/was to Athena, but when it comes to knowing the full capabilities of CHB, she lacks. Thus, I'll need someone who knows the capabilities of camp. The next problem is CHB when it comes to war, is an organized mess at best. So, I'll need to form a command structure, with a chain of command. 

"I accept, but if you want me to win this war, I would like the power to appoint officers and choose who's on my staff. ...Consider it emergency war powers" I told him accepting the fact that I'm going to be in a third war and leading it.

"granted is there anything else you need" even though Zeus is paranoid and power-hungry, I'm surprised he readily agreed to my request, he might just be a little desperate.

"If you can get Hephaestus to make me another sword, that would be great, preferably one similar to the one I currently wield," I asked. Zeus nodded his head, and a few hours later I was leaving Olympus, with Riptide and a new sword made of Silver and Celestial Bronze, I decide to name συνταξιοδότηση, or retirement, as that's what I would wish to enter after this. 

(an(original): seriously need help coming up with a name here. I'm thinking συνταξιοδότηση, for the irony of what it is, retirement. Also, I'll name come back and name it either from suggestions or approval)(An(new): I decide to actually name it that as no suggestions came in and I'm editing, will update the later chappies to fit continuity)

Clarisse's POV: *gasp shocker right*

Poseidon and Athena, along with the other traitorous bastards. Just came and collected Annabeth and that wimp, Peter Johannasan, as well as all the other traitors to Olympus. My father tried to get me to join him, but I told the wimp off.  He lost to Prissy in a fight when he barely had any training, other than that he really is a shitty father. He only really praised me once, and that was for killing the Lydian Drakon. To put it simply only three people left with those two, and it wasn't much of a shocker as they were practically Peter's pets.

The hunters arrived a couple of minutes after they left, and Percy wasn't with them, so, I guess I'll have to talk to Thalia about that later. I don't think he would betray Olympus, with his father treating him as a weapon and such, and he wouldn't betray the hunters after what they did for him. Yes, I know that Annabeth cheated on him, you try ignoring a scream louder than that of a jet engine. I did send her to the infirmary for a few days, after he left, with her 'new' boyfriend of course joining her in the infirmary. Apparently, I reactivated the blessing of Ares again, and Piper had to charmspeak me out of it, so I didn't kill them. 

Anyways, Percy decided to make his dramatic appearance right when dinner was starting. I also noted that he had a new pendant on his necklace. I'll have to ask him about that later, as I sense it is a weapon. 

"I'm sure you are all aware we are at war once again," Percy said, to which a bunch of nods and mumbled yeah's responded to him. I had a feeling Prissy is about to go into another motivational speech.

"I know, I don't have any right to ask this of any of you. Many of you have already fought in one of our wars, and some of you have fought in both of them. But, I am asking once again, and hopefully one last time for you all to follow me into battle, into war. " He asked us

"Percy, why are you asking us? You know we are with you." I shouted, to which shouts of agreement rose from around me. 

"Now that you have us, who's leading this war effort," I asked.

"I am," Percy said in a finality that could rival Zeus.

AN: I decided to just start a new chapter I'll likely post that sometime later today to the end of the week.