Coping

Coping mechanisms are supposed to be helpful, right?

Haha, not so much for Sky right now.

The van was getting a little too cramped for them, and they were way too nervous to ask Pheonix to pull the van over again, especially since it had only been 20 minutes since their last break.

They hadn't even realized they were doing it until they were called out on in, "why're you playing with my shirt?" Miles mutters.

"Ah," they immediately release the price of fabric, forcing their hand onto their lap so they wouldn't touch anything else, "I'm sorry." Their phone had died a few minutes ago, forcing them to hand it up to Derik so he could charge it, leaving them practically mentally pacing in their seat.

Miles could feel the enby next to him shaking in their seat and he was still curious as to why, "are you sick?"

"What kind of question is that?" They retort, insulted.

"No, I meant as in, you're shaking, are you cold?"

"No." They nervously answer, not wanting to tell him the actual reason.

"Then what is it?"

"I-" they mutter quietly, "I can't sit still."

He raises an eyebrow, "why? We just took a break around 20 minutes ago."

They feel their face heat up and they pick at their nails, refusing to meet his eyes, "IhaveADHDandIhavetroublesittingstillforlongperiodsoftime." They blurt out nervously.

"Oh." It takes him a moment to process what they said.

"Please don't judge me..." they mutter, "I will actually punch you in the dick if you do." They threaten, ruining what could have been a sweet moment.

"I won't," he reassures them nervously.

"First time feeling defensive of your dick?" Derik snorts, "don't worry, you'll be protecting it with your life soon."

"W H A T."