Therapist

The knock on his office door didn't surprise him in the slightest, as a certain enby had started showing up more and more often at his office.

"Come in." He calls, flipping through some papers on his desk.

They open the door, setting their things down next to the maroon colored sofa, flopping themself down onto it. "You wanted to talk to me?"

"Yeah," he nods, though doesn't continue talking for a few moments, fumbling through his thoughts.

"You... you okay, Edgeworth?" They ask hesitantly.

"I... yes... I... uh..." he stutters, before finally composing himself, "I took you up on your offer."

"My offer?" They don't remember ever offering him anything recently.

"I... I got a therapist." He finally admits, his eyes wondering anywhere but in their direction.

It takes them a few seconds to process his statement, but after they do, they immediately light up. They grin widely, pulling themself up off the couch and hurrying over to his desk. "You did!?" They question, excitedly.

He nods, a little flustered having to talk about something so personal.

"Edgeworth!" Their grin somehow got wider as they pull him into a hug, "I'm so proud of you, man!"

In any other circumstance he would have pushed them away, "ah... thank you..?"

"How did it go?" They ask, hoping they weren't prying too far.

"I... I think it was helpful." He admits.

"That's great," their grin returns. They pause, "I really am proud of you, Edgeworth." They send him a shy smile. "Not that it really would mean anything to you..."

He smiles back, his a lot more anxious than theirs. "Thank you. It does mean a lot to me."

They can feel tears building up, "come on, man." They sniffle, "you're gonna make me cry."

He has a frantic look, "ah, why? Am I making you sad?"

They grin, "happy tears, not sad ones." They snicker.

Their phone vibrates in their pocket and they silence it, finally pulling away from the hug.

"Well, it was nice talking to you." They grab their things from the couch. "I'll see you around, Edgeworth." They wave and turn to leave.

"Miles..." he mutters before they could leave.

"Huh?" They turn back towards him.

"Miles." He meets their eyes in a fit of confidence, "you can call me Miles."

They grin, "alright, and you can call me Skylar if you like." They grin, "only fair, eh?" They shut the door behind them.

Once he hears the door close he puts his head in his hands, holding back a scream.