Chapter 3: Love in the Rain

"Silverstream! Where are you?!" Gallus cried out in the storm, but he couldn't hear any responses, "Silverstream, I'm sorry for what I said!!! Please come out! I need you!!" Suddenly, he heard a scream coming out from the Everfree Forest. Gallus couldn't be more familiar to the scream. "SILVERSTREAM!!!" he cried, "HOLD ON I'M COMING!!!" he then flew towards the scream fast as he could.

Sliverstream was facing a herd of Timberwolves. Her wings were injured and she lost her neckless. "Stay-- Stay back!!!" she yelled at the Timberwolves, but it was useless. The leader of the Timberwolves let out a howl and charged towards the helpless hippogriff, teeth aimed for her throat. 

Suddenly, a cold wind roamed by with a sound of flesh being teared. At first Silverstream thought it was her getting slashed by the Timberwolf, but when she opened her eyes, she saw her protecter. "Gallus!" she cried.

"NO...ONE...TOUCHES...MY...SILVERSTREAM!!!" he snarled at the bleeding Timberwolf. The wolf howled again and the entire herd launched attack. Gallus let out a mighty battle call and begin to fight the Timberwolves. "Gallus! Be careful!" Silverstream watched in horror as she saw a Timberwolf slashed at Galllus. The griffin yelped in pain, but he kept fighting off the herds. Finally, with many bleeding wound on him, Gallus wiped out the herd. "Gallus!" Silverstream cried as she rushed towards the wounded Griffen. "Oh no... Gallus, why did you..." Silverstream had Gallus in her lap, crying. "Hey... at least you're ... safe..." Gallus smiled, but it turned into a yelp as his wounds stung him. "Sliverstream.... I.... I...." Gallus's voice was so weak that Silverstream have to lean on the top of his beak to hear him. "I... I love you..." the Griffen said weakly, "I love you too...." Silverstream smiled sweetly at her beloved. but Gallus took a weak breath before passing out. "Gallus? Gallus?! GALLUS?!" Silverstream's expression was horrified, "No! No! Don't you DARE die! Help!! SOMEBODY HELP!!!!!" 

When the Griffen woke up again, he was covered by bandages, "Ugh.... where am I..." he said weakly. Suddenly, he heard Smolder cried, "Guys! He's awake!!!" Immediately his friends rushed by him. "Gallus!" Ocellus cried, "We're so worried! Silverstream brought you back to us two days ago and you're near death!" "We're able to heal you thanks to Sanbar and Yona, they got into the school and got some med-kits here." Smolder said, "And nearly busted." said Sanbar. "Wait... HOLD ON, you said I'm out from TWO days?!" Gallus jerked up. "Oh no! We gotta---" he forgot his leg is wounded and fell on the floor. "Please! You're injured! You can go on battle with wounds all over you!"

The door opened and Silverstream walked in. "May I talk to Gallus... Privately?" Smolder nodded before rushing everyone out.

Now Silverstream and Gallus were the only ones in the room.