seventy five

SONG OF THE CHAPTER: Through It All- Charlie Puth

St Mary's Hospital [Harry&Lottie] 11.10pm

Lottie: (Suddenly moving in her chair) Wait, you have a thing for Louis?

Harry: (Biting his lip) Don't say anything to him. I wasn't thinking when I said it, really. I guess it just came out.

Lottie: (Looking down) Probably because...you know.

Harry: (Distressed) I need to see him. I'm going to ask the nurse if we can-

Lottie: You've already asked five times. The nurse said he would let us know as soon as we can go in.

Harry: (In thought) Niall and Liam were meant to bring my overnight stuff about an hour and a half ago. Where the fuck are they?

Lottie: Call them. Bebe and El brought mine back ages ago. Whilst you call them, I'll ask if there are any extra beds we can sleep in.

Regency Park [Niall&Liam&Zayn] 11.13pm

Zayn: I just can't go in there yet, you know? Knowing what I did is fucking me up, man.

Liam: (Tearing up) Why were you drunk and high sitting by the Thames anyway?(Frustrated) Do you know how stupid that is? You could've killed yourself.

Zayn: That argument with Louis stressed me out. I needed some peace.

Liam: (Calming down, shaking his head) You can't avoid the hospital forever. We have been sitting here for ages. Me and Niall were meant to bring Harry his overnight stuff ages ago.

Zayn: It's Niall and I, not me and-

Liam: (Growing angry) Is this really the time to do that? Louis could be fucking dead.

Zayn: He's not. Harry would have called.

Liam: I'm sure the last thing on his mind would be to call-

Zayn: (Using his cigarette to point to Niall) Look over there. I'm sure Niall's speaking to him now.

Liam: (Desperate) I just really don't want to lose him.

Zayn: You won't. It's going to be fine.

Liam: (Tired) And if it's not, I hope you live in guilt. You should have been rushing in to see him but instead you're smoking!

Niall: (Walking back over to the boys) Harry called. He asked if we are able to get his overnight stu-

Zayn: (Shaking his head at Liam) I will get it and bring it. You two go into the hospital.

Niall: You can't drive like this, Zayn. You're drunk, you're high, you're-

Liam: Angry.

Niall: I will go. You two go in.

Liam: Zayn doesn't seem to care too much. He might as well just go home.

Zayn: (In frustration) Clearly,I am not wanted here!

Niall: I know you Zayn and I know you Liam. You both love Louis too much to let petty feelings get in the way. (Stern) I'm too tired and upset for this bullshit. I will fucking go and both of you will go to the hospital; it's a five minute walk. If you don't want to do this for me, do it for Louis.

St Mary's Hospital [Harry&Lottie&Liam&Zayn] 11.27pm

Harry: (Standing up) Liam? Zayn?

Liam: Did Niall not tell you on the phone?

Harry: (Suddenly remembering the conversation he had with Niall) Oh, yeah. I must've forgotten.

Zayn: I guess I'll just-

Harry: Why weren't you answering your calls?

Zayn: Because I wanted to be alone.

Harry: Yeah, so did Louis. Look at where that got him.

Lottie: (Upset) Just make sure that you always answer your phone. Hopefully this has taught you a lesson.

Zayn: Yeah. I'm going to have a cigarette.

Liam: (Annoyed) You literally just fucking had one. What is wrong with you? (Standing in front of him) You aren't leaving Louis.

Harry: (Moving Liam away) Let him go.

Liam: (When Zayn is leaving) Really? All he wants to do is smoke and-

Harry: He's only acting like he doesn't care. Smoking is his coping mechanism.

Liam: Shouldn't you be trying to teach him better ways to cope right now?

Harry: Not to be rude, but I have more important things on my mind.

Lottie: He has literally been unconscious now for hours. When the fuck is he going to get better?

Liam: (Putting an arm around Lottie in attempt to comfort her) He will be okay. He is so strong. I don't think I have ever met anybody so strong. He will pull through.

Lottie: I just wished he believed that he could talk to somebody.

Harry: He should have been able to talk to me.

Liam: Louis often does things without thinking first. He knows he can talk to both of you. Lottie, he admires you so fucking much. Harry, you literally changed him and showed him a brighter side of life.

Harry: Then how come he tried to commit suicide?

Liam: This isn't your fucking fault.

Harry: (Sudden) I need to go and check on Zayn. I can't fuck up another one of my patients.

Maxxie: (Approaching Lottie and Liam when Harry has already gone) You two are here for Louis Tomlinson, right? (They both nod eagerly) I am Maxxie. I am one of Louis' nurses, by the way. Would I be able to speak with the person who dialled 999?

Liam: Uh, he just left. He will be back in about ten minutes.

Maxxie: I'm not sure that this can wait.

Lottie: (Biting her lip) I am Louis's sister. You can talk to me.

Maxxie: Please follow me.

Lottie: (Once they're alone, hopeful) Is Louis any better? Can we see-

Maxxie: Sorry, dear, what's your name?

Lottie: Legally, Charlotte. But I go by Lottie. Is this for your records?

Maxxie: Lottie, (placing a hand on her shoulder) I'm really sorry.

Lottie: (Panicking) What do you mean you're sorry? What the fuck is going on?

Maxxie: I have to tell you that Louis passed. His stomach wasn't pumping fast enough, he took too much and-(When Lottie starts to break down into tears) Lottie, there are a team of doctors in there now.

Lottie: (Weeping) My brother is-

Maxxie: They are trying to  resuscitate him as we speak. I am so sorry, Lottie. I will update you as soon as I know anything more.

Lottie: (Lost for words) Please. (Desperate) Bring him back to me.

QUESTION OF THE CHAPTER: How do you think Harry and the others will take to the news?