fifteen

SONG OF THE CHAPTER: Supermarket Flowers- Ed Sheeran 

There will be a tribute to Johannah at the end of this chapter

Louis's house [Louis&Niall] 9:43am

Niall: Come on. Time to get up. 

Louis: (Wearily stretching) When is Zayn getting there?

Niall: Isn't Liam going? We are picking up Zayn at quarter past ten. 

Louis: I thought it was only best to invite people who knew her.

Niall: Did you want a tea? Coffee? Something to eat?

Louis: A croissant and a coffee would go down well right now actually. (His stomach loudly growling) I think he agrees! Make sure you eat something too.

Niall: (Setting up the oven to heat the croissants) Aren't you gonna shower?

Louis: I don't even know if I am going to be able to get out of bed.

Niall: (Putting a hand on his waist) We only have 15 minutes until we leave to pick Zayn up.  Go and get ready, Lou. 

Louis: (In defeat) Okay, okay!

Niall and Liam on call

Liam: Hey, man. How is he holding up?

Niall: (Relieved) Surprisingly well so far. I just wish Harry was here. Louis seems ever so slightly happier when that kid is around.

Liam: He'll text Louis if he cares about him enough. I hope he doesn't make things worse.

Niall: Harry's nice. When he's back, I'll invite him out with us to meet you two. Only with Louis's permission though. I don't need him going ape shit on me. 

Liam: He's scary when he's pissed off.

Niall:  Speak of the devil. (Nodding) He's here and...dressed. 

Liam: How does he look?

Niall: He looks great, actually.

Liam: (Delicately smiling) Send my love today. 

Niall: I will do. See you soon. 

Liam: Bye. 

Louis's car [Niall&Louis&Zayn] 10:16am

Zayn: (Shuffling comfortably in the backseat) Hi. 

Niall: (Cautiously eyeing Louis) Hi Zayn.

Zayn: Louis, I brought you some flowers. (Niall is nodding in approval of the bouquet) I hope you like them. 

Louis: (Looking back at them briefly before looking back at the road) Thanks. Why are you suddenly being nice?

Niall: (Closes his eyes in disappointment) What he means is 'thank you, Zayn. This was a lovely gesture-'

Louis: -Even though Niall told you to do it.

Zayn: (Confused) Huh?

Louis: (Smirking) Don't worry. 

Niall: Louis, please. (Only Louis is listening as Zayn is focused on his earphones)  He's trying to make an effort. Just try to get along. Your mum wouldn't want you arguing.