three

SONG OF THE CHAPTER: Save Myself- Ed Sheeran

Louis's house 6:08pm [Niall&Louis]

Niall: (Knocking a few times impatiently, smiling brightly as a sleepy Louis answers) Hiya, buddy.

Louis: (Rushing back in to throw a hoodie over his short sleeved shirt) Hang on!

Niall: Okay...

Louis: (Opening the door widely so Niall can get in, sighing) You okay?

Niall: Yeah. (Awkwardly sits down) So you need to talk to someone you can trust?

Louis: (Yelling, defensive) No! I mean- uh no, it's fine... forget what I said last night. (Lying, he hadn't even had a sip of alcohol the night before) Guess I got a bit pissed?

Niall: (Unconvinced) Yeah...You alright now?

Louis: (Desperate for Niall to leave) I'm good.

Niall: Do you wanna go out this Saturday? Invite that Liam guy. I'd like to meet him.

Louis: Drinking? (In response to Niall's nodding) Sounds good, I'll bring Liam to yours. (Gulping) Is Zayn coming?

Niall: I mean if you're okay with that?

Louis: Bring him along. (Putting on a happy front) Maybe he'll apologise.

Niall: Now that's the Louis I know. (Both laughing, all of a sudden) I'm always here, okay? I know you're not feeling good and that's... well, that's alright. (Louis is holding back his tears) We'll do this together.

Louis: (Wiping away his tears quickly so Niall doesn't notice) Thank you. (Teasingly) Ex-blondie.

Niall: (Chuckling sweetly) Anytime, Sweaterpaws. I'll see you Saturday.

Louis: (Smiling) Goodbye.

Zayn and Niall Texting [Zayn&Niall]

Niall: Wanna go out on Saturday? Louis will be there and he's bringing a friend from work.

Zayn: Sure.

Niall: Be nice to him, he's vulnerable.

Zayn: I can tell. The way he wears long sleeved shirts and hoodies all the time... he expects us not to notice.

Niall: Zayn please. I don't like the thought of him hurting himself and being reckless.

Zayn: We need to stop him then.

Niall: We can't just go over and tell him to stop cutting. He doesn't know that we know. He'll freak out. Just don't mention it on Saturday. Get his trust back first then we'll hint more at getting him a therapist.

Zayn: Okay, I'll be at yours Saturday 6pm sharp.

10:22pm

Louis: (Staring at the half empty wine bottle, somehow he's barely even tipsy) He knows I'm not okay. It's that obvious, wow. Maybe it's not normal to drown your problems in...that (Bitterly screwing up his face and sticks his tongue out in disgust, drily chuckling) Once again, I'm talking to myself.

Toys 'R' Us 1:02pm [Liam&Louis]

Louis: (Pulling out an extra cigarette and extending it in Liam's direction) Want one?

Liam: (Determined to resist the temptation) I gave up last month when I-

Louis: (Scoffing, rolling his eyes) Became boring.

Liam: How is not risking cancer boring?

Louis: (Laughing a little) Guess you sassed me again...anyway, my friend invited me out for a drink on Saturday and I was wondering if you wanted to go. (Liam is pretending to fan his face as if Louis had asked him out) Don't be an asshole! There will be this other guy called Zayn there. I am not too sure that you'll like him though...

Liam: I'd love to. As long as you're paying. (When Louis is beginning to glare) I'm joking! Am I meeting you anywhere or-

Louis: I'll pick you up at half 5.

Liam: (Giving Louis a thumbs up as he walks back into work)

Louis and Niall texting

Louis: I'm just about to finish my break now. Liam's up for it.

Niall: :)

QUESTION OF THE CHAPTER: Do you think Liam meeting the others will be a good idea?