Beer

The hunter and the angel returned to a funky-smelling motel room, one that they had checked into before their initial trip to the sheriffs department.

Dean threw his car keys onto the only table in the room and headed for the fridge, his body itching for a beer.

"You want a beer, Cas?"

"No, I think I would like to remain sober."

Dean chuckled to himself as he closed the fridge door and made his way back to the table. He pulled out a chair and sat down.

"You know, from past experience, I don't think there's enough beer in this entire motel to get your celestial ass drunk," he remarked while taking his first sip of the beer, savouring the familiar yet rusty, golden taste it brought to him.

Cas didn't know how to acknowledge Dean's comment, so he decided to ignore it and sit down on the chair that was opposite Dean. The two now facing each other across the table.

"I think we should commence research,"he said, revealing the file from the sheriff's department.

Dean lowered his beer from his mouth as he absently observed the file that was now laying flat on the table, realising now that he didn't feel like doing any research. That very word alone had learned to piss him off over the years.

Dean hated jobs like this. He longed for a case that was simple, obvious and easy in that there would be little to no research required.

Most of the time, Dean and his brother would know what they were dealing with just by looking at the victims. Heart missing from the body? Werewolf. Stab wound behind the ear and missing brain? Kitsune. Flesh missing? Rugaru.

Figuring this stuff out was like second nature to them. But every now and then, they would come across a case that left them dumbfounded, usually at a loss for where to even begin.

It looked liked, to Dean, that this would certainly be one of those cases.

------------

A/N:

•okay so super quick chapter cos I really wanted to update

•from now on I will definitely try my best to update regularly but no promises yeah?

•don't kill me if I don't update for like another month or something I am VERY prone to writers block

•urgh filler chapters are the worst and this chapter literally went nowhere

•don't forget to vote :)

•thanks for reading and being patient with this mess of a fic

- Emily