Runaway

Ali was about to open the door to his house when he heard his father talking to the other pioneers. It sounded like they were talking about him.

He slowly placed his ear on the door to hear their conversation. "Im telling you Ghazali. That kid won't go anywhere and will only fail you" a voice of an old man was heard. It made Ali's heart sink. Fail? Why would they think that?
"I guess you're right Tong. Its just.. maybe Ali can still be like me" he heard his father say it which made him a little less worried.

"But,in his case,I'm afraid it will never happen" Tong said
"Listen Ghazali,if you want to have a proper succesor,its best if you just take a nameless kid and they'll live up to your expectations as a thanks for givjbg them a home" Mala joined in.

Ghazali thought for a bit before answering.

"Or heck,get rid off Ali and do that!" Tong said with a smirk.
"Look,"Mala placed her hand on Ghazali's. "We know that Ali is important because of your late wife. But,this is Cyberaya's future we're talking about" she continued.
"Ok,I'll do-"

The door slammed as Ali furiously entered the house,with tears falling,and looked at his father and the other pioneers.

"So,I'm just that worthless?" - Ghazali stood up from his chair and walked towards Ali - "Ali,I-"
"No!"he yelled,as mkre tears fell from his face and guilt slowly setted in the three adults
"I risked my life every day for the protection of this city,and here you are getting rid of me because I dont fit your ideal succesor! Why can't you see that?" He ran to his room,slamming the door behind him

The adults were speechless, and the father was almost at tears. He never ment to say that. Or,atleast not like that.

He stood still,looking at the last place Ali was. Only muttering a sorry,before Mala and Tong placed his hand on his shoulder,with a genuine smile.

Ali cried with only his cat for company. Honestly,it was already a bad day for him,and now,his dad is going to get rid of him all because of a succesor. Isn't being his son enough? Sure,he's not smart,but he can still learn.

Ali only thought of one thing. Running away. He dosen't want to stay here anymore,so he packed his bags and left out of the window to HQ. Where hopefully he can get some help.

It was the next day,and Ghazali went to Ali's room,only to see no one. He thought of his whereabouts until he remembered. Ali heard the conversation last night and ran to his room. He must have ran away because of him.

A/N:I am very much out of ideas rn. Exept for ending this book.