New Freedom

About two months have past and Adora had never felt more alive than ever before.
She started off slow with her coming out. Many of her friends/ new friends were very supportive, hell they even helped her by pride things. The person who was overall supportive had to be Catra...

...who was the one that took her to get pride things.

"Blondie, you. are. going. to LOVEEE these flags! There's gay, lesbian, bisexual, non-binary-"

"LET'SSS start basics, shall we?" Adora nervously said as she looked around the store. Catra took Adora to the store she suggested her a long time ago for her people she knows, she couldn't have been more excited for Adora finally finding herself.

Catra knew how it felt to finally get the relived feeling of being free at last, and oh man how it felt good.

"So why do you often come here instead of the one across the street?" Adora asked as Catra pulled her to the register. "You see Blondie, I get my things way cheaper rather than the store across the streets."

As they got to the register, Catra let go of Adora's hand and leaned against the register, "You see, I have a friend. Yo! D.T.!"

Just as Catra called out for her friend, they arrived from under the door of beams, "Catra, so nice to see you again darling! What can I help you with?" D.T. said happy.

"Blondie, this is D.T, D.T this is Blondie." Catra gestured at the two. D.T took out their hand to Adora, "Good evening darling, my my, you are a beauty." Adora shook their hand, "It's Adora, and thank you so much, it's a pleasure."

"D.T helps me get discounts for many things around here, they're practically my plug." Catra smirked as D.T. laughed.

"I'm the manager, darling. Catra has been my friend since I moved to Horde High for my senior year." D.T said as they leaned against the counter. Adora smiled, "Oh, that sounds amazing."

D.T came around the counter and put an arm around Catra's shoulders, "Indeed it is, who knew Miss Fierce here had a soft spot." Catra playfully elbowed them, "I do not! I just thought you seem like a really cool person...turns out i'm wrong." She teased. "Oh kitten, you flatter yourself. Anyways, what can I help you two with?" D.T smiled.

"Adora here is looking for some really cute things." Catra said. Adora smiled, " I came out recently.. so free at last. Heh heh." she nervously laughed. D.T's eyes lit up, "Oh darling, congrats! Come come, we'll find you the cutest things ever. Susan!" They snapped their fingers and a girl with red hair appeared, "Yes, D.T?"

"Help this gorgeous girl with the works, will you love?" D.T gestured at Adora who sheepishly smiled. Susan nodded her head and smiled, "Of course, come with me." Adora followed the girl to the nearest section.

Catra and D.T looked at the two, "My my, she is a beauty Catra. So how long?" Catra faced D.T, "Wha-no, Adora and I are just friends."

Catra then looked down, "Besides, I..kind of took up seeing someone."

D.T looked at her, "And why would you do such a thing? You two are practically made for each other." "Look, I like Adora. But she doesn't want me..not like i wanted her." Catra said playing with her fingers.

"Ugh, always so dramatic Catra. You deserve to be happy after all that stuff you went through." D.T said. Catra looked up at them and smiled, "Thanks, but I'm just gonna take a hold on the whole Adora thing. She just found herself which is a huge deal, I'm not gonna throw something else at her."

"Hmm I see, you're scared that it'll affect your friendship with Adora. I thought you weren't scared of anything, kitten." D.T. teased. Catra scoffed, "Yea right, anyways this girl I'm seeing is Sam. You might know her." D.T sighed, "Ugh, sadly I do..She's okay I guess."

Catra laughed, "Are you seriously still mad that she took your notebook by accident? She said she was sorry."

"She clearly doesn't understand the difference between sparkle and bland." D.T murmured. Catra giggled and looked at Adora who was smiling and laughing with Susan. Catra gulped, "A-Anyways, um..I don't honestly thing it's going to work, but I wanna at least try." D.T hummed, "Always a fighter but never admits she's a lover. BTW, Your Juliet is heading her way back to us."

-----

"Thank you so much for bringing me here Catra. It was really fun." Adora said as they both walked with bags in their hands. "Anytime Blondie, It was fun getting to see D.T again." Catra smiled. "They were really helpful! I'm glad they helped me out." Adora smiled. Catra smiled and then felt her phone buzz.

As the girls got to their dorm, Catra set the bags down and waited for Adora to unlock the door. She then reached for her phone and the message.

Hey love, I hope we're still on for tonight<3--Sam

"Hey, you coming in?" Catra looked up and saw Adora smiling at her softly. Catra got out of her little daze and nodded. Adora stepped inside and Catra texted back, put her phone away and walked inside.

I'm sorry but..I just can't get over her..- Catra

🌈Until next time