Chapter 2: I will aid you in your war

Several days later, Len stood back in the top floor of Stark tower watching Pepper work remotely with Tony. She was speaking to him as he installed his equipment to a piping system in the Atlantic Ocean while wearing the Iron Man suit. Len was quite impressed with his technology. He had come far for a human.

Len was now wearing a gown made of red silk embroidered with gold stitching. She was sipping champagne in pre-celebration of Tony's accomplishment.

"You're good on this end. The rest is up to you." Tony said.

"You disconnected the transition lines? Are we off the grid?" Pepper asked.

"Stark Tower is about to become a beacon of self-sustaining clean energy."

"Wow. So maybe our reactor takes over and it actually works?" Pepper said.

"I assume. Light her up." Tony instructed.

Pepper did as she was told. Tony flew out of the water and towards Stark tower. He grinned as he watched his name light up in the night sky.

"How does it look?" Len asked after crossing the room and standing next to Pepper. Pepper gazed at her with surprise.

"Like Christmas, but with more... me."

Len hummed. "Thought I raised you better. So self-conceded."

"You are aware that came out of your mouth, right?" Tony asked causing Len to smile and laugh. Her dimples appeared and her eyes crinkled.

Pepper couldn't help herself and did the same. As much hatred as she had for the woman next to her, she had to admit that her smile and laughter was infectious. Len knew how to grab a room's attention.

"Gotta go wider on the public awareness campaign. You need to do some press. I can do some more tomorrow. I'm working on the zoning for the next billboards." Pepper immediately got back to business.

"Pepper, you're killing me. Remember?" Tony groaned. "Enjoy the moment."

"Then return and we will." Len said.

Tony arrived back to Stark tower and was walking back inside as his gauntlet of machinery removed his suit from his body piece by piece. It followed his every move until he stepped out, wearing a black suit with a red dress shirt underneath, matching Len. His tie was loose causing Len to tut.

JARVIS spoke up not even a second later. "Sir, Agent Coulson of SHIELD is on the line."

"I'm not in. I'm actually out." Tony adjusted his cufflinks.

"Sir, I'm afraid he's insisting."

"Close the line Jarvis. I've got plans," Tony replied as he walked through the doors and into his penthouse. He smiled at the two women.

"Fix your tie, Anthony. No need to look unpresentable."

Tony frowned but adjusted his tie anyway. Pepper couldn't help the light laugh she emitted. She often struggled to believe that Len raised Tony, seeing as Tony appeared older than the woman; however, he always does what she tells him.

Pepper looked at the screens in front of her examining the power levels. "Levels are holding steady... I think."

"Of course they are, I was directly involved. Which brings me to my next question." He picked up the two glasses of champagne waiting for him and Pepper that were poured by Len. He handed one to Pepper. "How does it feel to be a genius?"

"Well, ha, I really wouldn't know now, would I?"

"Ms. Potts, do not humble yourself. Even I can admit that Tony could have never done this had it not been for you." Len interrupted.