Chapter 3: My title is stronger than yours.

Less than twelve hours later, Len sat in the back of a chopper across from a strong looking man with blond hair and blue eyes. He was wearing blue jeans and a t-shirt. A file was open in his lap as he looked over the same information distributed to Len.

"Your name is Axlen, correct?" The man asked.

Len squinted as she nodded. The man's lilt was familiar to her yet sounded foreign after so many years. This man was not of this time. "Yes. You are Steve Rodgers, Captain America."

Steve nodded. "It's a pleasure to meet you, ma'am. I only wish it was under different circumstances." He glanced down at the file. "You grew up with Loki?" Len nodded once again. "What was he like?"

"He was full of trickeries and foolishness as a young boy. As a man, he grew intelligent and skilled. He grew wise, though I do not know why he would proceed with such actions. I do not know what has transpired while I have been away. But, whatever it is, I will not have it... from either brother."

Steve nodded slowly. Coulson came from the front of the chopper to where the pair was station. "We're about forty minutes out from base, sir, ma'am."

"So, this Doctor Banner was trying to replicate the serum that was used on me?"

"A lot of people were. You were the world's first superhero. Banner thought gamma radiation might hold the key to unlocking Erskine's original formula."

"Didn't really go his way, did it?"

"Not so much. When he's not that thing though, guy's like a Stephen Hawking."

Steve looked confused. Len chuckled at his reaction remembering when she had the same reactions to references.

"He's like a smart person. I gotta say, it's an honor to meet you, officially." Coulson explained. Steve smiled at him. "I sort of met you, I mean, I watched you while you were sleeping."

"What?" Len's expression was easily as puzzled as the captain's.

"I mean, I was... I was present while you were unconscious from the ice. You know, it's really, it's just a... just a huge honor to have you on board."

"Well, I hope I'm the man for the job."

Len hummed. "Just what every army needs. Frontliners."

Coulson and Steve exchanged looks. They branched off into a conversation about Steve's uniform, but Len ignored them. She closed her eyes and relaxed. Her shoulders slouched and her hands rested palm up on her knees. When she opened her eyes, they were shining purple, causing Steve and Coulson to pause their conversation to stare at her.

Her vision did not reflect her physical surroundings. Instead, she looked out into a cosmic domain. The earth beneath her was charcoal and the sky danced with constellations that she had not seen nearly a hundred years. She prayed to Valhalla that her new surroundings would not remain desolate. She turned her head to the left and saw a figure dressed in traditional Asgardian garments. His back was to Len and his hands were clasps behind his back. He stared out into the galaxy.

A smile danced on Len's lips when she saw him. She blinked and her vision returned to the chopper she sat in. Her expression turned sour. It had been so long. The connection could not hold long.

"Care to explain?" Coulson asked.

"No. Not really."

Coulson sighed.

Twenty minutes later, Coulson, Steve, and Len walked down the ramp onto the deck of the Quinjet. Len's gown was billowing in the wind. There was a woman wearing a black athletic suit with two pistols strapped to her hips. She had shoulder-length red hair, pale skin, and sharp eyes. Len recognized the dangerous and beautiful woman from the short time she spent working for Tony.