3- late-night phone calls & makeups

"I don't know, whatever you do don't answer it let me talk to him." I say rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

"Too late." he answers the call. "Hello, this is Evelyn's phone, what do you need?" I try to grab the phone off him but he reaches his arm up so I can't get it.

"What the fuck, who is this." I hear him say through the phone. "I need to speak to her."

"Nah, sorry man she's asleep right now." Eli grins at me and raises his eyebrows up and down.

"Who is this?" Caleb says obviously pissed off.

"I'm sad you couldn't already tell, it's me man, Ej." I attempt to grab the phone again but Fylnn holds me back down. He knows there's no point, i'll just end up hurting myself because I haven't fully woken up yet.

"Jesus Christ how many times do I have to tell you, Evelyn is mine, leave her alone. Or I swearing to fucking god I will fuck you up man." He yells through he phone. "And as I'm sure she's already told you, I can get away with anything, who will they believe? The rich football player with perfect grades or some stoner fuckboy with anger issues from the Northside who couldn't get an A if he tried."

Eli takes a deep breath before answering him, I move closer to him and take his hand, drawing small circles with my thumb. "I'm not scared of you or your daddy's money, I will not leave her alone, she is my best friend and I'm sorry that your dick is too small for you to be okay with that." He hangs up the phone and turns to me.

"Eli, what the fuck, your gonna get  hurt really bad. He wasn't joking, you know his dad is the owner of literally every business in town and can buy him out of anything." I pull my hand away from his and snatch my phone from him. "I need to try and fix this now."

"Hey hey hey, Evelyn, can it wait 'till morning. I've had enough of you two and you fat ass crushes on each other for one night." Harper says looking up from her pillow.

"I don't-" I try to tell her about how i'm not in love with Eli but Flynn cuts me off.

"Fucking shut up, stop lying and go to sleep."

"Goodnight, I love you guys, for real." Eli says looking at me before turning off the light.

************

The next day at school I try my hardest to avoid Caleb but he finds me at lunch. I watch him walk over to me and Kayla and try not make any eye contact.

"Oi, Evelyn, talked to your boyfriend last night. Give me one good reason why I shouldn't beat the shit out of him." He places his lunch on our table and sits down as a glare at him. "Come on babe, you know I still love you." He lightens his tone and tries to grab my hands.

"Oh my god, please, Caleb stop embarrassing yourself. She made it very clear that she doesn't want you." Kayla says defending me.

"Well if she doesn't I'm going to have to have a chat with her BFF. I get the feeling she doesn't want that." He says snaking his arm around my waist.

"Evelyn, don't." Kayla says looking at me with a worried face.

"Don't worry, I'm not." I say to kayla before looking at Caleb. "Get off, I don't want your hands on me." I say shoving his arm off.

"We need to go have a little talk in private, excuse us Kayla." He say through his teeth, pulling me up and walking us over to an empty hallway.

"What the fuck!?" I say throwing my hands up in the air once he finally lets me go.

"First of all, you are going to stop humiliating me like that. You're going to be my girlfriend again, stop seeing EJ and your going to apoligise for everything."