Unfoolish

fool·ish
/ˈfoliSH/
adjective
(of a person or action) lacking good sense or judgment; unwise.

Anjali

I was on the couch watching reruns of 'I love Lucy' when Leia came through the front door.

"What it is, what it is," she greeted.

"Hi," I kept my eyes on the screen.

"Oh no.... what he do this time," she asked.

I gave her a puzzled look.

"What are talking abou-"

"You're watching I Love Lucy like the fool that you are," she squinted. Damn it, she's on to me.

"I found out why we stopped being so cool this past year," I said sadly.

Leia made her way over to me, squeezing me in her arms. She hated seeing me so.... so.... I don't know...

"Well come on, spill it," she nudged me.

I rolled my eyes before saying,"He slept with the tramp."

She clutched imaginary pearls and gasped.

"That doofus," she screamed. "And the pact?"

I shrugged. I didn't want to blow off the situation, but it was bothering me, more than I let on.

"We were.... supposed to do it over the summer," I said lowly.

Leia's eyes grew big and she gave me the goofiest grin. It soon turned into a smirk.

"Jinkies! You almost let him score! You naughty girl," she laughed.

"Tell me the deets," she pressed on.
____

Third person
Summer 1976

Foster Sylver's 'Misdemeanor' played on the record player as Anjali and Malachai took turns taking a drag of the doobie they shared.

They weren't burn outs, just occasional dabblers in the drug. It was a recreational passing time that the two began a few months prior.

Anjali, being a light weight, felt the impact of the joint much faster than Malachai, who had been doing it with his brother for some time.

Vibrations shot through her body, the music taking her out of this world. It were as if she could feel every subtle thing around her.

A freak-out.

Malachai, with red eyes, looked over at her and laughed.

"Fooey, man. Gummy, you sure can't hang," he chuckled.

He stood up changing the record to Bobby Womack. He put on a song that made Anjali groove.

"Ah sookey sookey, now," she stood up and began dancing.

Her hips rocked and her arms flared about. She moved around Malachai and popped her lower half, jerking the top half.

Her back bent over as she walked like an Egyptian. She popped up and moved her hips in a circular motion slowly, moving side to side.

Malachai watched her with hooded eyes.

Spotting another record in the corner, Anjali danced over to it and picked it up. She smiled immediately, having been wanting to hear the record for a while.