Chapter 6

"Before you continue Ms. Jennings", Mr. Yahontov stopped Natalia. "We have found the location of your laboratory and so we will be going there now", he told Natalia. She seemed momentarily lost by his words and so kept staring at him blankly. "I'm sorry Mr. Yahontov", she started slowly. "I don't think you understand. I have work here. I cannot travel so far. My mother and my daughter will be expecting me", Natalia told him urgently.

"You can inform your family Ms. Jennings", Mr. Yahontov said as a matter of fact. He then reached for his pocket and produced her with his phone. Natalia realized that she had very few options left now, and so she took the phone from his hand and dialed her mother.

"Can I get some privacy?", She asked him. Mr. Yahontov gave her a slight nod and left the room. Natalia realized that his phone already had an automatic recording. Swallowing hard she pressed the phone. tight against her ear and waited for her mother to receive the call. "Hello", a woman's voice called from the other side. "Mother, this is me. I am caught up in some work. I will be gone for some time", she said, trying to keep her voice steady. "Where are you going?", Her mother asked her immediately. "Mama please don't ask me anything now. I promise you I will come back soon and explain everything to you", she said urgently. Her mother was quick to observe the change in Natalia's tone.

"Nat is there...?", Her mother started, but Natalia quickly interrupted her. "Mother please", she pleaded. "I promise you. I will explain you everything as soon as possible", she said. Her mother on the other side waited for a long time in silence, concerned for her daughter. "Mother can I speak to Ana?", Natalia started again, after a long pause.

"Hello Mama", one small voice called out now. "Ana", Natalia breathed. "Ana baby. I'm so sorry. So sorry baby. I couldn't spend time with you today as I promised", she said, softly. "Mama when are you coming back?", Ana asked, softly. Natalia tried to hold on to her tears that threatened her to escape. "I'll come back soon, my baby", she managed out weakly. "Pinky promise mama?", "Pinky promise baby", she said, before cutting out the call.

Mr. Yahontov peeked in again, checking if Natalia was done speaking. She nodded at him, gesturing that she was done. Mr. Yahontov took his phone away and asked Natalia to follow him. She was seated in a car and then they set into the location of her laboratory, which was abandoned three years back. Natalia had never thought that she would ever go back to that place again.

Six hours did she spent traveling. At the end of the sixth hour, the car stopped and Natalia finally got to step down and stretch herself. Natalia took a step back looking at the condition of her dear laboratory that she had left behind. The creepers and the wild plants growing everywhere made it look like the part of the forest now. Natalia thought of a moment that she had while staying there.

*Flashback*

It had been two days after their arrival. Dr. Greener now had insisted on having their meals together for the sole purpose of growing a good companionship with each other as long as they stayed there. They had a long day, studying in the meeting room. Natalia had felt refreshed after a good meal reached her stomach.

"Dr. Doppler snorts so loud, that I can hear him through the walls" Dr. Dashwood complained, which brought a burst of laughter around the table.

"Oh, Hannah. Why don't you tell them about the way you keep hitting your head on my wall all night in your sleep?", Dr. Doppler smirked. "I sleepwalk sometimes", Dr. Dashwood tried to defend herself. "Sure, that doesn't make it sound better Hannah", he laughed and others joined in too.

Dr. Kevin Harvey and Dr. Clinton were busy discussing something. Dr. Jonas and Dr. Greener were having a competition on who would finish their drink first. Dr. Dervey changed his seat and sat beside Natalia and Lana who were busy talking about how the other day they spotted Dr. Dashwood sleepwalking and walked outside the main door. The patrolling guards had to make sure she made her way back to her room.

Everyone was enjoying the night in their own way. "So women are all about gossipping huh?", Dr. Dervey interrupted them. "Dr. Dervey", Lana nodded at him, acknowledging his presence. "Please call me Chris", he said shaking his hands with Natalia and Lana.

"So whom did you do a favor to reach here?", He shifted his attention to Natalia. "Excuse me?", Natalia said, offended by his tone. "I do not have to do anyone any favor to reach here. If I am here, it's because of my hard work, not because I did anyone a favor", Natalia replied him back, in a bold voice. A voice that held everyone's attention in the room. A momentary silence had followed after that. Natalia felt everyone's gaze fall upon her. She had gotten up from her chair and left the dining room. Lana threw a dirty look at Chris and had joined Natalia later.

**************************************

Plz vote:)))