Chapter 13

*Flashback*

Since that day, Chris and Natalia had become very close. They were no more just colleagues but also friends.

"You know what? I really think Chris likes you", Lana had said one day, jokingly.

"I don't believe that", Natalia laughed. "We are just friends", she said out loud in a clear voice. "Yeah? Is it? Tell me you don't like him then", Lana had teased her. "No", Natalia said. "No?", Lana repeated, and stared at Natalia, with her arms crossed across her chest. "Okay... maybe", Natalia agreed. "Maybe" she repeated. "I can do with that answer", Lana had laughed.

Not soon, did she herself observe Chris giving him extra attention just like Lana had observed it. The attention that Natalia was happy to receive. They both started being extra cautious around each other when around others, so that no one suspected anything.

"You look good today", Chris flirted like usual, that day. "I look good every day", Natalia had laughed. "Hmm... that's true", Chris said. He was about to come up with another come-back before which the power cut had happened. Puzzled they walked down. The guards informed them that the storm was coming and the electricity cables were destroyed. "The equipment in the laboratory need electricity. Everything would be lost without it", Natalia had told him urgently. She started panicking thinking about it. "What about the back-up?", questioned Chris. By then everyone had come down. Lana, Dr. Greener, Dr. Doppler, Dr. Kevin, Dr. Jonas, Mrs. Glenn, and Dr. Hannah. "What's the issue?", Dr. Greener questioned the guard, who constantly kept saying that there was no need for panicking.

"We could use the back-up electricity for the laboratory wing, but that would leave the housing wing without any", The guard had said. "Then do it, please. We need to save our experiment first", Dr. Greener ordered him and so was done. Chris and Natalia had to go back to the laboratory to do some equipment adjustments. "You know what?", Chris started again. "What?", Natalia turned around and gave him a warning look, knowing what was coming after that.
Chris sheepishly smiled. "Nevermind. It can wait".

They wrapped everything up after thirty minutes. Natalia and Chris walked out of the lab. "Doesn't look like a storm", Chris observed. "Right", Natalia agreed. They started walking towards the housing wing but got fully wet. "Darkness and rain, such perfect combination", Chris said, to which Natalia laughed.

They reached Chris's room now. "Natalia", Chris breathed, stopping her in the hallway. "I really like you", he told her abruptly, staring into her eyes. Natalia went hot, she felt the same way towards him but had no idea how to deliver it. Before she could even frame her next sentence, Chris bent down and kissed her. Natalia kissed him back passionately. Chris broke away from the kiss only to look into her eyes and then kiss her again. Chris with one hand opened his door, but in doing so he dropped his keys. He also observed that someone had left him a few candles at his door. Natalia walked inside his room and waited for him inside flustered until he returned back.

"You are so beautiful", he said, kissing her again. They had made love that night, how time flew they didn't know.
                                   *
"I should keep going", Natalia, started wearing her clothes back. "Why?", Chris asked, kissing her on her nape. "We would be going back to 'I don't know you mode' back again tomorrow", he said, vexedly. "Can't we get the most of this beautiful moment?", He asked, pulling her back towards him. "Come on", Natalia said. "I really want to check on Lana, whether she is okay", Natalia said. Chris considered this for a moment. She could see how difficult it was for him to let her go, she felt the same. But checking on her friend seemed important too. "Okay", Chris finally agreed.

"Fine, I'll go back to my room. Have a bath and then go and talk to her", Natalia told him. "Or. We could have a bath here together", Chris, teased her.
"Bye", Natalia got ready to leave, but not before placing a small kiss on Chris's forehead.

Natalia went back to her own room. She found someone leave a few candles at her doorstep too. She refreshed herself and came back, that's when she heard the scream.

*End of flashback*

"Where were you Ms. Jennings?", Mr. Yahontov asked her again, this time with more force in his words. Chris who couldn't tolerate the silence anymore decided to spill the beans. "She did not return back to her room, because she was with me", he announced. Mr. Yahontov who looked confused demanded more explanation. "What do you mean by that Mr. Dervey?", He asked. "We slept together", he said plainly, and Natalia flinched a bit.

"Okay", Mr. Yahontov said, slowly. "How long were you two there together?", he asked with a straight face. "When the scream was heard. You came back from your own room right?", He directed at Natalia. "Yes", she agreed. "Just then before that, I had left and had taken a bath. I came out and I heard that sound", she explained, trying to keep her voice steady.

"I have one more question Ms. Jennings", Mr. Yahontov asked. "It's a bit personal, so I hope you don't mind it", he said, in a very gentleman-like way. Natalia gave him a small smile. "You have already gone too personal Mr. Yahontov. Go ahead", she said. Mr. Yahontov shifted uncomfortably in his chair. "Is your daughter Ana? Is her father Mr. Dervey?", He asked. Natalia turned her head and looked at Chris. He looked into her eyes and then broke the contact too soon. "Yes", she said. "Yes, he is the father of my daughter Ana", she announced.

They were allowed to leave soon after this. "How is she? Ana?", Chris asked, as soon as they came out. "I'm surprised you know her name", she added, dryly. "Will you ever forgive me?", He asked, agitated. "No", Natalia said, boldly. "How can I?", She asked tears swelled up in her eyes now. "When I told you that I was pregnant. What did you say? You remember?", She asked him, softly. "You told me to abort my child", she cried. "I realized right then, that you never loved me. You just wanted some fun here, till we were all trapped", she said, her words hitting him like a slap.

"Is that what you think of me, Natalia?", He asked her softly. "I suggested you to drop our child because I was scared. I was scared of becoming a father, having a family. It scared me", he said. "Very good", Natalia said, starting to walk now. "Natalia stop, listen to me now at least", he stopped her. "there is nothing to listen to", she said, breathing heavily. She was deeply hurt by him, but his presence was proving too powerful. It was having a powerful effect on her as it always has.

"I want to make it right", he said, "please give me another chance", he pleaded. "please".

**************************************
What do you guys think of this chapter? Do let me know in the comments.

Btw we almost reached the end, only 2 more chapters.

Plz vote:))).