Chapter 11

"Mr. Dervey", Mr. Yahontov said. Chris who just entered in quickly took his seat in front of the investigator.

"Mrs. Glenn. She was the helper lady here right?", Mr. Yahontov asked him, to which he nodded and agreed.

"That night. When was the last time you saw her?", He asked him. "I don't remember really. I think she had duty in the housing wing that day. We were in the lab the entire day, even after the power cut when others left I and Natalia were still working in the laboratory. I never saw her after I left the lab", he told him.

"Where did you go after you left the lab?", Mr. Yahontov asked him. Chris took a moment before answering. "To my room", he said. Mr. Yahontov observed this pause.

"How would you describe your relationship with Miss Lana and Ms. Jennings?", Mr. Yahontov asked him suddenly. Chris didn't take time before delivering his thoughts on this. "They were the best thing that happened to me here", he said, which put Mr. Yahontov off-guard.

"I see", Mr. Yahontov observed. "So would you know of any reason, Miss Lana would disappear? Anything strange you saw in her before she disappeared?", Mr. Yahontov asked him. "Nothing", Chris said. "Earlier that day she did a minor error is readings, she was a little upset about that. But I don't think that was so huge that she would I...I don't know...that would happen", he said hesitantly.

"So she had nothing that would make her go away on her own?", He asked him, "No", he replied back confidently, there was sadness in his tone. "What do you think about Ms. Jennings?", He asked. "You think she might have something against Miss Lana", Mr. Yahontov asked him.

Chris looked up at him perplexed. "Why would you think that? You suspect Natalia?", Chris asked raising his brow. "That night. After you both finished your work in the lab, where did you go?", He asked Chris. "I went back to my room", he answered back, confidently. "And did you see Ms. Jennings going back to her room?", He asked Chris. Chris took a moment before answering now. He somehow felt that this investigation wasn't going in favor of them. "yes", he started again. "I saw her going inside her room", he said, with a smile in the hope of looking confident.

Chris was told to leave after that. Mr. Cooper who was listening to everyone all this while, let himself smile now for the first time. "Him. Mr. Dervey and Ms. Jennings have some secret", he observed. "I believe so", Mr. Yahontov agreed.

"But there are many more questions that need to be answered. How did they disappear? Ms. Lana, Mr. Jonas, and Mrs. Glenn. All on the same night. It couldn't be a coincidence. It's like they almost vanished. With no trace at all. Did something happen to them? What is the link between all three? Was Mrs. Dashwood suicide again a coincidence or a murder?" asked Mr. Yahontov. "Yes", Mr. Cooper agreed. " And for those questions to be answered we will have to make them talk more", Mr. Cooper said.

"Mr. Cooper, what is the situation with the guards who were on duty that day?", Mr. Yahontov asked. "We couldn't trace one of them, but the other one is on his way here", he answered back.

                                  ----

Meanwhile, Natalia was walking through the housing wing. The dust was making her sneeze continuously, but yet she kept going further in. Chris who saw her followed her quietly. Natalia finally reached the room that was once hers, she stood there silently in the dusty room. "Did they ask you of anything?", Natalia asked, sensing Chris already standing behind her. "Mr. Yahontov found a loophole in your story. He believes you didn't go back to your room after we came from the lab", Chris answered back. "He suspects you", he said. Natalia let out a huge breath.

"You will have to tell him the truth at some point", Chris kept talking. "No, I don't want to", she let out softly. Chris shook his head in a disapproving manner. "You are making things worse for you that's it", he said and then left the room. Left Natalia alone there, with her own thoughts.

                                  ----

"Why would they start an investigation now?", Dr. Doppler asked Dr. Kevin softly. "I have no idea", he replied back. "Jonas? Did you tell them about anything?", Dr. Doppler asked Dr. Kevin.

"No", he answered back. Dr. Doppler turned around and faced him. "Don't you think it would be important for them to solve the case?", He asked. "I care very less about this investigation", Dr. Kevin replied back.

                                ----

Chris who walked down now met Dr. Greener near the front gate. Chris agitated removed the cigarette pack from his pocket and pulls one out. "You fine?" Dr. Greener asked him. "Yes", Chris said, lighting the cigarette and taking a deep puff. "Just that women are extremely stupid", he said.

Dr. Greener laughed at that. "Women are mysterious. They are like an entirely different species. No man can ever read a woman's heart", Dr. Greener said. Chris stares at Dr. Greener. "Do you take some kind of philosophy classes too now?", He asked him. Dr. Greener smiled at him and extends his hand out.
Chris stunned reaches for his cigarette pack and passes one of its contents to Dr. Greener, also helping him light it up. "I never knew you smoke?", He said, Dr. Greener, smiles at him, taking a puff and taped on the shoulder of Chris while starting to leave.

**************************************

Plz VOTE:)))