eight

i arrive at the mall and i sit with my hands on the steering wheel. i don't move.

me : come on, emma. you can do this. it's not that hard. just have the fucking guts for once.

avani's pov

my soulmate chose casual. so i put on this

 so i put on this

~~~~

once i get to the mall, i sit on a couch inside waiting for emma to get here.

the truth is, even though i just met her, i have a huge crush on her. even before i met her, she was my celebrity crush. i've watched all her youtube videos and tik toks, i've liked all her instagram pictures.

i'm so amazed that i got to meet her and i'm surprised we became such good friends so fast. but i need to tell her how i feel. i don't know if i'll do it just yet, but i will do it eventually. actually, i'm gonna do it today.

i just hope she feels the same way.

emma's pov

i finally build up the guts to get out of the car and go inside. as i'm walking inside, i see avani on the other end of the mall sitting on a couch.

i walk and she sees me and she gets up and starts walking towards me as well. once we reach each other, we immediately go in for a hug. i melt into her embrace until we pull away.

both : i have to tell you something.

we both look at each other and laugh.

me : you go first.
avani : okay...um i don't know how to tell you this.
me : you okay?
avani : i'm fine. just nervous.
me : okay.
avani : okay so i know we kinda just met but like i think i have feelings for you.
me : wait really?
avani : yeah...
me : that's great! i like you too! that's not what i was gonna tell you...but i like you too.

we both smile at each other.

avani : so what were you gonna tell me?
me : uh...did your soulmate ask you if you met me or "the girl who got the golden buzzer" this morning.
avani : yes. okay i swear there's someone stalking me. or more than one person...i don't know. but how did you know?
me : avani...i'm your soulmate. or you're my soulmate or whichever way you wanna look at it.
avani : wait...that was you that's been talking to me this whole time?
me : yeah...
avani : holy shit! i can't believe that my soulmate is THE emma jones! oh my fucking god!

i laugh a little.

me : i can't believe that my soulmate is THE avani gregg!

i hug her and hold her in my arms and she hugs me back. once we pull away she looks in my eyes.

avani : you wanna just go back to my house? so we can have some alone time?
me : yeah. i'd like that.

at avani's

we get inside and go up to her room.

me : you're house is so pretty.
avani : thank you. my parents have kinda a lot of money but they're never home.
me : i'm sorry to hear that.
avani : yeah.

we start talking about random stuff until it gets to a weird topic.

me : have you ever kissed a girl before?
avani : yeah. i've never actually dated a girl before, but i've kissed them as like dares and stuff.
me : oh.
avani : yeah. have you ever?
me : no. i mean i've kissed my best friend on the cheek. but other than that i've only kissed boys. and a lot of them.

avani laughs.

avani : well maybe i can change that.

she smiles and stares at my lips kind of biting her bottom lip. i smile back and we lean in. our lips meet and i immediately fall for avani even more.

she grabs my face as i grab her waist, and we continue kissing.

we pull away and i'm blushing and smiling like an idiot.

i look back at her and smile again. i bite my lip signaling to her that i want another kiss and this time she grabs my waist.

she sits against the headboard of her bed and i sit on top of her. our lips connect and we get really into it and start using tongue and everything.

after we pull away, she stays sitting up against the headboard but slumped down some. i lay on my stomach in between her legs and i lay my head on her chest.