~chapter ten~

[ San ]

" So do you often go to these type of places? " I ask Wooyoung, who seems to be skipping in every step he took.

" Uh, not really but like, I do enjoy these kind of places " he answers, looking around at the different kinds of animals.

We start walking around, looking at everything. I suddenly feel a grumble in my stomach and I realise that I didn't have my breakfast and I notice a food truck.

" Hey, I see a food truck and I'm going to buy myself something to eat. Is there anything you want in particular? " I ask him, pointing towards the truck.

" I'll have whatever you're getting! " he replies, with a widesmile. The sun is shining directly at us but somehow his face seems to glow brighter than the sun.

" Okay ", I say as I run over to the food truck. I bought each of us a plate of Takoyaki and rushed back over to Wooyoung, who was sitting on a bench facing the lake.

I quietly sat beside him and handed him his plate of food. He whispered a thank you and started eating his food.

When we both were finished, we decided to walk closer to the lake to admire the view.

Wooyoung settled down on the grass while I leaned against a tree, not wanting my pants to get dirty.

" It's beautiful, isn't it? " he says, looking at the lake.

" Yeah I guess, nature is beautiful on the whole. " I say, nodding my head.

I look at Wooyoung and his eyes seem to be sparkling and suddenly it felt like he was the subject we were talking about. I've never seen someone look this stunning. His immaculate figure, everything about his beauty intrigues me.

" Hey, wanna go and look at the reptile corner? " Wooyoung asks, snapping me out of my gaze. " Uh, you really want to go there? " I ask, being hesitant.

" Why not? Don't tell me you're scared of them ? " He says, giggling. " Well I'm not scared of all of them, I just have a bad history with snakes " I say, looking down at him.

" Oh this sounds interesting! Tell me about it?! " Wooyoung says, pulling my hand, gesturing me to sit beside him.

" Well I think I was nine years old and we were on vacation. My brother and I were playing hide and seek in the jungle resort we were staying in. It was my turn to hide so I hid in this small cave I found when I was searching for a place to hide and I went inside and hid there. Little did I know of what was about to happen next. A snake was inside the cave and I didn't notice it so it bit me. "

" I was rushed to the hospital and luckily the snake was not venomous so I was okay. Since then, I have been terrified of snakes. I got a mark here to prove it though ". I say, pulling my sleeve as I show him the mark.

" Hey, chill I'm sure nothing is gonna happen. Besides, they're all caged and kept in glass boxes. I'm here to protect you and I promise nothing is going to happen to you " He says, pinching my cheeks. A sudden feeling of warmth surrounds my body and I can't seem to shake it off.

" Okay, if you say so " I say, smiling a little. Wooyoung grabs my hand and starts walking forward.

After we reached the corner, we were surrounded by different varieties of reptiles. We start walking around and then I  notice the snakes. I hesitate to move further when my grip on Wooyoung's hand tightens. He turns towards me, cups my face in his hands and says " We need to overcome our deepest fears to become better versions of ourselves. This is your chance ".

I take a deep breath and I start looking at the snakes. They were fascinating creatures indeed but dangerous.

After a while, we reach the exit.

" This was fun! I loved it. Thank you so much for this, San! ", Wooyoung says, chuckling. " No problem, I'm glad you had fun. I enjoyed it too. ", I say.

" Let's do this again sometime later " Wooyoung says.

" Absolutely. ", I say.

This was probably the second best day of my life. Which is the best day you ask? Well, you'll know soon.

...