9

Ariel had been looking forward to her visit to L.A. for days. The texts from Colby had been a pleasant distraction from her routine, and the prospect of spending time in the city with him and his friends added a thrilling touch of adventure to her week. When Colby invited her to come hang out with him and his friends at their place, a mansion known as the Trap House, she was excited by the idea of exploring the city and enjoying some downtime by their pool.

The day of her visit arrived with a bright, sunny morning. Ariel packed a small bag with essentials and made sure she had everything she needed for a fun day in the city. She checked the directions to the Trap House, and with a final pat for Moby and a quick goodbye to her dad, she set off on the drive to L.A.

As she navigated through the bustling streets and highways, the excitement of the day ahead kept her spirits high. The drive took a little longer than expected due to traffic, but Ariel didn't mind. The anticipation of exploring a new place and spending time with Colby and his friends made the journey feel worthwhile.

When she finally reached the Trap House, she was taken aback by its sheer size and grandeur. The mansion was much larger than she had imagined, with sprawling grounds and an impressive façade. It stood out in the neighborhood, its modern architecture and expansive design making it a standout property.

Ariel parked her car and made her way up the driveway, her heart pounding with a mix of excitement and nerves. Colby was waiting for her at the front door, his smile as warm and inviting as ever.

"Hey, Ariel!" Colby called out, his voice full of enthusiasm. "I'm so glad you made it. Welcome to the Trap House!"

Ariel returned his smile, feeling a wave of relief and excitement. "Hi, Colby! This place is incredible. I didn't realize it was so huge."

Colby chuckled, opening the door and motioning for her to enter. "Yeah, it's pretty impressive, isn't it? Come on in. I'll give you a tour and introduce you to everyone."

As Ariel stepped inside, she was immediately struck by the mansion's open, airy design. The interior was equally impressive, with high ceilings, large windows letting in natural light, and stylish furnishings that blended modern elegance with cozy comfort.

Colby led her through the expansive living area, where she could see glimpses of the luxurious décor and inviting spaces. They made their way to the pool area, where the glistening water and comfortable lounge chairs promised a relaxing afternoon.

"Everyone's out by the pool," Colby said, guiding Ariel toward a large set of sliding glass doors. "Let me introduce you."

They stepped outside, and Ariel was greeted by a lively group of friends enjoying the sunny weather. Sam and Corey, the two guys she had met at The Book Nook, were lounging by the pool, their relaxed demeanor reflecting their easygoing personalities. Corey's girlfriend, Devyn, was sunbathing nearby, while their other friend, Jake, was busy setting up a barbecue.

"Hey guys," Colby called out, waving to the group. "This is Ariel. She's the wonderful bookshop lady I've told you about. Ariel, this is Sam, Corey, Devyn, and Jake."

The group greeted Ariel with warm smiles and friendly waves. Sam, with his blonde hair and easy charm, was quick to make her feel welcome. "Nice to meet you, Ariel! Colby's told us so much about you."

Corey, sporting his signature man bun, gave a nod of approval. "Yeah, great to finally put a face to the name. Hope you're ready for a fun day."

Devyn smiled up from her lounge chair. "Welcome, Ariel. It's great to have you here. We've been looking forward to hanging out with you."

Jake, who was busy grilling up some snacks, gave a friendly nod. "Hey, Ariel. I'm Jake. Hope you're hungry—this barbecue's going to be amazing."

Ariel felt a sense of ease as she was welcomed into the group. Colby guided her to a comfortable lounge chair by the pool and handed her a cool drink.

"Take a load off," Colby said. "Feel free to relax and enjoy yourself. We've got plenty of food and drinks, and we're planning on hitting the pool soon."

Ariel took a seat and sipped her drink, soaking in the vibrant, relaxed atmosphere. The conversations flowed easily, and she quickly found herself engaged in lively discussions with Sam, Corey, and the others. The group shared stories, laughed, and enjoyed each other's company.

As the afternoon wore on, Colby and his friends decided it was time for a swim. Ariel was excited at the prospect of taking a dip in the pool, and she joined the others in getting ready. She slipped into her swimsuit, a stylish one-piece that she felt comfortable and confident in, and joined the group by the water.

The pool was a welcome refreshment on a warm day. Ariel enjoyed swimming and splashing around with Colby and his friends, feeling a sense of freedom and joy as she let go of her daily worries. The camaraderie and fun were invigorating, and she appreciated the chance to unwind and connect with her new friends.

Later, as the sun began to set, the group gathered around the barbecue for dinner. The delicious aroma of grilled food filled the air, and everyone eagerly dug into the feast that Jake had prepared. The conversation continued to flow as they enjoyed their meal, sharing stories and laughter.

As the evening turned to night, Ariel felt a deep sense of contentment. The day had been filled with new experiences, laughter, and meaningful connections. She was grateful for the opportunity to spend time with Colby and his friends, and the warmth and hospitality they had shown her made the visit even more memorable.

When the time came to say goodbye, Colby walked Ariel to her car, his expression sincere.

"I'm really glad you came out today, Ariel," he said, giving her a gentle hug. "It's been great getting to know you better. I hope you had a good time."

Ariel returned the hug, feeling a mix of happiness and reluctance to leave. "I had an amazing time, Colby. Thanks for inviting me and for everything. I really appreciate it."

With a final wave and a promise to stay in touch, Ariel got into her car and began the drive back to Santa Monica. The evening was calm and peaceful, and as she drove along the familiar roads, she reflected on the day's events with a smile.

The visit to the Trap House had been a delightful adventure, and she felt grateful for the new friendships and experiences. As she neared home, the city lights of L.A. fading in the distance, Ariel felt a sense of fulfillment and anticipation for the future. Each new chapter in her life seemed to bring fresh opportunities and connections, and she was eager to see where her journey would take her next.