Chapter 6

I keep having this dream, the same dream I had the day before the reaping. It's all a blur but from the little I remember it's juan and me. Running away. To somewhere different. Somewhere with hope for the future. But of course this is just a dream, and even if I'd consider the thought of running away, it's too late now.
"Rise and shine star crossed lovers, we have a big big day ahead of us!" I hear lexi scream. I look at the clock. 8 a.m. How can anybody be this jolly such early in the morning? But then again lexi is an interesting girl, with her vibrant make up and crazy outfits. I guess I'm not that surprised.
"Good morning beautiful" Ferny says as he rolls over and gives me a kiss. Wait. What is he doing? But then I remember. The government is watching and it's all an act. "Good morning sunshine" I say pleasantly with a smile. He gives me a warm look. "We should probably get dressed" he says as he leaves to the closet. I nod.
I go to my side of the closet. It's large with a lot of clothes and a large amount of shoes. I pick a light pink sundress, with a light gold and brown pattern. I look at the shoes. It's a hard choice. But I end up choosing some brown combat boots with a little gold bow in the top where the shoe laces tie up. I like my outfit. It reminds me of home. Mom always loved it when I wore cute dresses.
I put my hair up in the same braid I had yesterday. I leave the restroom and the first thing I see amazes me. Ferny. In a white button up shirt, short sleeved, light ripped jeans and brown combat boots. He looks cute, I'll give him that.
"Wow Iri you look gorgeous" he says while looking at me. "You looks pretty handsome yourself" I add with a smile. Then I find myself kissing him. He smiles and takes my hand locking it between his. We head off to our first meeting, where we will meet our stylists, and prepare ourselves for the big tribute interview.