Chapter 14

Why. Why did I just do that? Actions have consequences, and they'll surely take it out on me during the games. Ferny. They might take it out on him too. At this I worry. I don't want anyone or anything hurting him, especially because of something that was my fault. I just want Ferny to be safe.
After I explain everything to Ferny, Ralph, lexi, and Roderick, I feel even worst. Lexi keeps screaming saying I don't have manners and that they'll probably make me pay for it during the game. Roderick says that what I did was wrong but that I got my point across. Surprisingly, Ralph smiles and gives a thumbs up. "Good job, that sure is a way to show them you're not afraid of them" he says. I can't help but laugh a little. Ferny looks down, then looks at me. "If you thought that was the right thing to do, then it probably was" Ferny says to me. "Thank you" I say giving him a smile and a kiss. "How did your session go?" I ask him. "Good I guess, I mean it was hard to catch their attention but overall I'd say they noticed me when I threw a 300 pound metal ball from one end of the room, to the other." He answers with half a smile. "Ferny that's amazing!" I say. He just smiles. Ralph turns on the tv. There is marvel, the talk show host, about to say our scores.
The scoring goes from 0-12. 0 being very low and 12 being extremely high. He starts to talk. I drift off. All I kinda catch is, both from state 1 got scored with a 9. The girl from state 4, Trinnidy with a score of 8. Seraphine from state 12, with a score of 10. Cato also from state 12, with a score of 11. Then finally it's state 16s turn.
"Ferny Mellark. State 16. With a score of 10." Marvel calls out. We all congratulate Ferny and tell him how proud of him we are. "Iridian Everdeen. State 16. With a score of 12." Marvel yells.
What. How? A score of 12? That's the highest scoring there is. All I did was shoot an arrow at their hat and pin it. Everyone congratulates me. And I smile and thank everyone. But I'm still very confused. "They must of liked the way you were so brave" sais Ralph while laughing and drinking. Maybe. I'm still shocked that I got the highest score out of all the tributes.