𝐎𝐍𝐄

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

͙⁺˚*  ⁺‧͙

Greendale was like any other small town. Cold, foggy, and creepy to both lifelong residents and newcomers. Full of working class people, it wasn't any place special - unless you were a Spellman. They were one of the more well known families throughout the town, being the only mortuary available for miles. They were also one of the more reserved families, anyone hardly seeing a single member other than the twins, Sabrina and Amalia.

Late in the night, nearly the witching hour, Amalia made her way into the forest right by their house. With her and Sabrina's 16th birthdays coming up, and her dark baptism, she was in need of a familiar. Amalia had come up with the idea that she was going to call on a familiar to come to her, rather than hand picking one out, that way she knew they were right for each other. Sabrina loved the idea and wanted to do the same, the girls had originally planned on doing it together, but Amalia felt like she had to do it now, able to wait any longer.

Zelda thought it was absurd, knowing the familiar would protect them no matter what, but she let the girls do it their own way. Amalia was supposed to join their friends at the movies, but cancelled last minute - Sabrina covering for her by saying she hadn't felt well.

To any regular person, being alone in the woods at night was a disaster waiting to happen, but Amalia was very confident in her powers. The moon took part in that, being nearly full, she felt stronger, therefore more ready and able to defend herself properly. Finding a small clearing on the ground, she grabbed a stick, crouching down to etch a symbol in the dirt.

"Spirits of the forest, I pronounce my intentions to thee, come forth and seek me,
and equal we will be,
not master and servant, but familiar to familiar,
to share our knowledge, our spirit,
and our traits."

She spoke confidently as she drew into the dirt, putting her heart into the spell so she would find the perfect match for her. Before she finished her calling, she rang a bell three times as she spoke, finishing with a smile on her face feeling satisfied. Walking down the driveway back to her house, she was met with Sabrina's boyfriend Harvey. "Hey Amalia, we missed you at the movies tonight" he said, stopping to chat. "Yeah, I wanted to go but I started feeling sick. Was it a good show?"

"It was yeah, Sabrina always picks the really intense ones though" he chuckled. "Yeah, it's a family thing. The scarier the better" Amalia laughed. "It's late, I should head in or aunties will have a fit. It was nice to see you Harvey" Amalia smiled. "You too, I hope you're feeling better! See you at school tomorrow" Harvey waved before walking away.

When Amalia got inside, she was met with cousin Ambrose. "Cuz, you are in for it" he said, right before Hilda and Zelda marched full force into the entryway. "Where were you? You weren't with Sabrina." Zelda spoke rather intensely. "You know the rules, you didn't ask for permission to be out this late alone."