𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧

‧͙⁺˚*  ⁺‧

Amalia woke up to aunt Hilda humming and shuffling things around in her room. "Aunt Hilda?" Amalia asked. "Good morning doll, happy birthday" she smiled brightly at her niece. "Thank you, what is that?" She asked. "Oh, it's the dress your mother wore when your father proposed. I thought you and Sabrina could wear the two" Hilda smiled.

Hilda gave her a big hug, and Amalia felt like she could melt. "Are you nervous?" Hilda asked. "I'm just worried about Sabrina. She's so on the fence about her baptism, I don't want her to end up ruining mine because of her own selfish reasons" Amalia admitted, and Hilda gave her a sad little smile.

"You know, it was like that for me and your aunt Zelda as well. I was always living in her shadow, but only because I let it happen. This is your night, as much as it is Sabrinas."

Amalia smiled, and got ready for the day. She wore a soft, beige, slightly oversized turtleneck sweater, a yellow and green plaid skirt, and her suede jacket that was fuzzy on the inside. She put on her glasses, not wanting to deal with contacts until way later, and made her way downstairs, where Zelda was telling Sabrina about the day.

"Hilda and I have errands to run, and preparations to finish, but I've already called Baxter high and told them you're both having a terrible outbreak of hives."

"Wh-What? Why would you do that, aunt Zelda?" The girls asked. "The day before your dark baptism should be spent in quiet contemplation, reading your satanic verses" she told them. "But we haven't said goodbye to our friends yet" said Sabrina. "Yeah, we can't just vanish" Amalia added, to which Zelda shrugged, not having a care. "At a minimum, we have to tell them that I'm-" "transferring to some posh private school in Connecticut?" Ambrose chimed in. "You can send a postcard" said Zelda, to which Amalia rolled her eyes. "Ambrose will keep you girls company, and keep and eye on you, won't you, Ambrose?"

He didn't want to, but he agreed. The girls looked at each other with sad faces. As much as Amalia distances herself from their friends, she still wanted to say goodbye. They were always nice to her. The girls and Ambrose sat in the living room, while Sabrina was asking if she'd still be able to see her friends.

"But on the weekends you will still be a witch" said Ambrose. "I know, but we'll still be able to go to the movies, same as always, and bowling and all the fun things we do together." "Of course, auntie Mame and Baby Jane would leave me to explain the hard bits. Look," Ambrose sighed, sitting up in his seat. "It is frowned upon, it is discouraged." He told them.

"But you talk to mortals, and Hilda and Zelda, they talk to mortals" Sabrina argued. "Yeah, we do, in passing, but we do not have meaningful connections with them. The coven forbids that, they will see to it." Ambrose explained. "What? They'll cast a spell on me if I got to the mall with Harvey? Ambrose, will they?"

"It's as though a veil drops, between you and the mortal world. And eventually, quite quickly, you're... weaned from it" he said. "I won't forget them" Sabrina said. "But you'll probably want to" said Amalia. "Yep. Or else the pain is too much to bear" "why would it be painful?" Asked Sabrina.

"Maybe because they'll grow old while we won't? Ever think of that?" Said Amalia. "That, and those things that are so important to them will seem trivial and pale to you. The longer you're a witch, the more you'll understand. But, it's better to forget the mortal world and think only of what is ahead, and be ready, for what is ahead."

"Where are you going?" Amalia asked as Sabrina stood up and walked away. "To call Harvey. I'm having one last night with my friends." She said.

Ambrose and Amalia looked at each other, and didn't know what to do. "You're ready for this, right? Are you second guessing everything like she is?" "No, I mean, I want to say bye still, but she knew everything would change, I don't know why she held off til last minute to do everything." She shrugged.

Amalia decided she would go say bye, so she went up to Sabrinas room. "I'll go with you, but when it's time for the baptism, I'm not waiting for you if you stay" Amalia spoke. "That's okay" Sabrina smiled. "Want to go get coffee?" She asked, and Sabrina nodded. The girls said bye to Ambrose, and went to the cafe.

‧͙⁺˚*  ⁺‧

The girls wore their baptism dresses to the party, and danced the night away. Amalia gave everyone hugs, and then they danced to the monster mash. Everyone sang happy birthday to the girls, and after that, Amalia left. She made her way through the forest, reaching the tunnel of trees. Walking through it, her pink dress turned black, and then it was time to walk through the blue flames.

She walked towards the ceremony, and stood with her aunts, waiting for Sabrina, who showed later than she should have. "Welcome, children of night" Father Blackwood spoke. "Who presents these girls for unholy baptism?" "We do, your excellency" Hilda and Zelda spoke. "Late for your own baptism. Honestly" Zelda snapped at Sabrina. "You look lovely my darlings" said Hilda. "Disrobe them, sisters."

"We are gathered here together, in these woods, in the presence of our Dark Lord, with all the souls, the living and the dead, of our coven; The Most Unholy Church of Night. Kneel" he spoke, and the girls did as told. He marked their foreheads, and continued his speech.

The ceremony went as planned, until Sabrina backed out at the last minute. Amalia had signed the book, but Sabrina refused, and ran. Amalia was disappointed, but not at all surprised.

Later on that night, at home, things were tense. Amalia had went to talk to Ambrose about the nights events. "Even on one of the biggest nights of my life, she takes the spotlight and cries wolf" she ranted to her cousin. "Do you feel any different, since the baptism?" He asked. "Yeah, it was kind of weird. On my way there, the blood moons light hit my face, and my birthmark got super hot" she told him. "Really? Did it hurt?" "No, it felt.. natural? If that makes sense." "Hm. Wait" Ambrose said, shifting to get a better look at the giant mark on her forehead.

Because of the mark, the hairs that grew out of it where almost white. "The mark, it isn't as pink anymore. It's almost, completely white" he said. "Really?" She jumped up to look in a mirror. "Woah" was all she could say. Ambrose touched it, and it burned his finger. "What the hell?" "What? Please don't say lice."

"No" he chuckled. "It burned my finger when I touched it" he told her, making her immediately touch the mark, but nothing happened. "This is weird, I don't like it" she mumbled.

When she laid in bed asleep that night, the moon light had hit her face, causing her birthmark to glow. And that night, she had got the best sleep of her life.

‧͙⁺˚*  ⁺‧

oooooooo what do u think it is