4: you're socially awkward

6 years ago

"wait, soo. he's here!" seungcheol hastily grabbed the bunch of chrysanthemums that he picked from the front lawn of his neighbor. jisoo was left sitting under the tree, surprised at seungcheol's sudden movement. "hannie!"

jisoo tilted his head as seungcheol handed the flowers to this jeonghan he was talking about all day. this wasn't the seungcheol he knew; seungcheol was a complete asshole, and this seungcheol in front of jeonghan is a shy guy. jisoo never thought that he'd witness seungcheol be like this all because of one guy.

jisoo oftenly complained about seungcheol talking about jeonghan too much. seungcheol had said, "you'll understand when you fall in love."

love was a pretty big word and jisoo thought it was just for exaggeration. but seeing seungcheol being like this? seungcheol fell in love, indeed.

"oh? you don't have to do this everyday, cheollie! but, thanks! i love them!" jeonghan buries his face in the chrysanthemums, taking in the scent of the flowers in bloom. flowers that seungcheol murdered to give to jeonghan.

jisoo understood. jeonghan was beautiful. very beautiful. if he was in seungcheol's place, he'd talk about jeonghan all day too. jisoo never believed in love at first sight, so he assumes that this is just admiration for seungcheol's crush.

the last sentence sounds wrong. jisoo can't steal jeonghan away from seungcheol.

"am i supposed to do that 'he loves me, he loves me not' with these?" jeonghan giggled, and seungcheol mirrors jeonghan's actions.

"feel free to do so!" seungcheol says, looking back at jisoo to do the thumbs-up sign with a smile to indicate that he was on cloud nine, just speaking and joking around with jeonghan. however, seungcheol frowned when he saw jisoo completely focused on jeonghan.

his eyes are sparkling admiringly; set on jeonghan. his lips were agape after getting mesmerized by jeonghan's appearance. if you look at jisoo's face as a whole, he looked hopeless. hopelessly falling for jeonghan.

seungcheol winced. he can share jeonghan with jisoo, right? first things first, though, jeonghan isn't even seungcheol's—so why bother keeping jeonghan away from seungcheol's best friend?

seungcheol sharply inhaled. "hey, jeonghan, i'd like to introduce someone wonderful to you." seungcheol plastered a smile on his face, and jeonghan could tell it was forced. jeonghan was weirded out but he didn't mind that.

"lead the way then, cheollie!" jeonghan exclaimed. seungcheol turns around to jisoo's direction, who was surprised when he realized that jeonghan and seungcheol were walking towards him. "ooh, you're from another section, right?"

"y-yeah." jisoo stammered, staring straight at jeonghan's eyes. seungcheol chortled, taking the attention.

"hong jisoo, meet yoon jeonghan. yoon jeonghan, meet hong jisoo." seungcheol smiled at jisoo. his look was weird, jisoo knew, but it was anything but vindictive. jisoo would hate it if his best friend is a vengeful person.

"hello, hong jisoo. nice to meet you," jeonghan offers his hand, which jisoo gladly shook. "you're tense. what's up?"

"nothing," jisoo looks away, his face glowing red. jeonghan laughs at the latter, making jisoo smile a little.

seungcheol just stood there, seemingly austere—but he wasn't. he was overwhelmed. jeonghan and jisoo were getting along quite well, and it scared him. what if jeonghan picks jisoo, out of him and chan? don't get him wrong, he'll still be jisoo's friend—but jeonghan was seungcheol's reason to wake up early everyday.

yeah, jeonghan might still be there, but jisoo's guarding over jeonghan and seungcheol would never get to express his love for jeonghan ever again. and seungcheol hates to clash with any of his friends, especially his best friend.

"oops, the bell rang!" jeonghan nods at both seungcheol and jisoo. "see you two later. and, nice meeting you, jisoo." jeonghan leaves.

"why did you introduce me to him?" jisoo asked, tilting his head at seungcheol. "i got all nervous and stuff."

"you're socially awkward, so maybe meeting an outgoing person like jeonghan can help!" seungcheol replied, beaming at his best friend. seungcheol picks up his lunchbox from the ground, while joshua stood up.

"that is a weird reason, seungcheol." jisoo squints, which got the real answer from seungcheol.

"because your eyes—they sparkled and shined as you looked at jeonghan." seungcheol huffed. "you like him."