Chapter Five

Lui was buzzing. Her body was on full alert and was keeping her wide awake. Was she drunk earlier that night? Yes. Does she recollect all the moments after she was set to bed by Iggi? Most definitely. How? She does not even know where to begin. She glanced at the clock she kept next to her bed.

Two-thirty in the morning. Good Lord. She has been tossing and turning since Iggi put her to bed almost three hours ago.

She had a packed schedule for the foreseeable future and she needed all the sleep she could afford to grab, but alas, she couldn't get the feel of Iggi leaving her. The moment their lips touched earlier that night, and their boundaries blurred, every feeling, no matter how subtle or insignificant, raced through her and came front and center. By asking if Iggi wanted her, she was telling her what she wanted, so why did she let Iggi leave her unfulfilled? Iggi was trying to be a woman of demure and class, that much Lui knew, but when Iggi's eyes sparkled at her with pure affection as she told her that she was willing to defy everything that makes her the Raegan Laurel, Lui couldn't help but be delighted as she wanted nothing more.

She trusted Iggi. Not just with being her VP, but with her body, mind, and heart. Like Iggi, Lui knew that she wasn't really gay before the latter came into her life but what Louise wants, Louise gets and this time it's Iggi whom she wanted. Deep down, Iggi's a good woman, from a good family, and she knew that when Iggi said she wanted to protect her, it was more of a promise than just a mere statement. Lui had gotten everything she worked hard for in her entire life, and she had let her personal life sit dormant on the back burner for the advancement of her career and to try and help others who were in need. Being a mistress was the last thing on her list, but if it's for Raegan Laurel then she's willing to be anything and everything. This time Lui knew what she wanted, she wanted Iggi, not just as her VP, but she wants her by her side for the next chapter of her life.

No. Not just want. Need. She needed her.

Lui spent months being aware of Iggi's presence. Her heart opening, blooming like a flower in spring as their friendship grew. Why Iggi drew away from her the night before or continued to have reservations despite her declaration to her, was still for Lui to uncover yet. She knew Iggi was willing to take the risk, but up to what extent?

Lui threw her covers off and while there was a slight chill due to the air conditioning, she felt over-heated. She left her robe at the foot of her bed, and instead wandered down to the guest room where Iggi was staying for the night at the opposite end of the hallway in just her underwear and an oversized t-shirt.

Iggi's door was unlocked and Lui cracked it open a tiny bit to peek through. Unlike her, Iggi was already sound asleep with her back to the door.

The sheets sat perched on the curve of Iggi's hip and her back expanded slowly on deep inhalations of seemingly contented rest. Without over-thinking the situation, Lui slipped inside and pressed the door shut silently before she made her way to Iggi's bed. After watching the latter and admiring the woman's beauty for just a second, Lui felt that all the stress and tension from earlier in the evening had left her body. Lui lifted the end of the blankets and slipped under the covers behind her. She turned her back at Iggi and pulled the covers over her shoulder then snuggled the empty pillow beside Iggi's head. Lui's eyes slipped close and a small smile tugged at her lips as she felt her body finally being lulled towards sleep.

Iggi shifted behind Lui and her front was pressed to her back. Iggi buried her nose onto Lui's hair and inhaled while her arms slipped around to Lui's belly holding Lui tight against her. Lui wriggled anyway and turned in her arms so they could face each other.

Through the darkness surrounding them, Lui could still see Iggi. She could see Iggi's dark brown eyes shining as she looked right through her very soul.

"Hindi naman sa hindi ako natutuwang nandito ka ngayon sa tabi ko, but why are you here in the guest room, Lui?" Iggi's voice was gruff with sleep. She brought their foreheads together and kissed Lui's nose sweetly. Lui grinned at Iggi as she wrapped her arms around her neck and buried her face into her shoulder. Iggi moved one of her legs between Lui's, bringing them even closer as her hold on Lui tightened. Lui felt her lips graze her shoulder and she sighed in complete contentment.

"Di ako makatulog. I wanted to be near you," Lui expelled on a breath into Iggi's skin, "and my answer is yes. Sigurado akong ito ang gusto ko, Iggi. After all,  I'm just the third lady president of the country, right here in front of you, waiting for her right hand woman to love her." Lui kissed Iggi's collarbone and smiled to herself. Iggi's fingers went to her hair and brushed it gently so that Lui would look at her. She was fierce, but so gorgeous, and so... hers?

"Yes, to this? To us?" Iggi asked. "And Lui, mahal kita. Mahal kita. Hindi ko lang kasi alam kung paano natin gagawin ito. I'm so new to this, and I bet you are too. We are going by our emotions. Puso lang, wala nang utak utak because if and when we try and reason with ourselves, we'd both be at the losing end. I just don't want for you to regret na ako ang pinili mong mahalin amongst all people you could have who better deserves you than I."

Iggi knew the answer, but it didn't stop her from searching Lui's features just to be sure. Iggi was thorough in that way. Lui grinned again so Iggi could see and nodded emphatically.

"I want you, Raegan. I have for awhile but kept denying it to myself. Tonight, changed everything. Your kiss changed everything."

"I'll have to keep kissing you then," Iggi's lips took Lui's in an aggressive and possessive manner. Their tongues met and twirled together as they pressed against one another, heart to heart. Lui moaned into Iggi's mouth and Iggi's grip on Lui tightened to hold her in place while she nibbled on her lower lip. They lost themselves for a minute then Iggi tore her mouth off Lui's. She trailed a few light kisses down the side of Lui's neck, letting the last one to linger just behind the latter's ear lobe. Iggi did let Lui go for a moment then cupped her cheeks, kisses her forehead before she wrapped Lui in another warm embrace, tucking her under her chin. Her fingers trailed up and down Lui's back as their breathings slowed.

"Get some rest, my sweet Louise," Iggi cooed from above her.

It was the best sleep Lui had since she announced her candidacy.