Chapter Six

Lui was awakened by the smell of coffee while the head of her security team knocked on her door which was open. He was smiling at her as if teasing her as he settled the coffee cup on the side table and presented Lui with a beautiful bouquet of purple peonies with a folded note on it. Lui sat up slowly and took them from his grip, giving them a sniff.

"My Lord! They're gorgeous! Who are they from? Binasa mo na ba 'yung note, Pio? Gosh! I love them," Lui sniffed again and touched the thickly lush petals.

"Naku! Hindi po ma'am. The letter's untouched. Sa inyo po iyan e. You should still be the one reading your own notes and letters saka lang po kayo mag-raise ng concerns if there are inappropriate things na hindi niyo gusto."

"Oh, alright. Salamat ha?" she smiled at him.

"Una na po ako ma'am. Text niyo lang po ako or si Samuel if may kailangan kayo," Pio said.

"Sige. Thank you ulit," Lui replied, "Oh wait! Teka! How 'bout the coffee?"

"Staff po ni VP Laurel and nagdala niyan dito."

"Oh, I see. Thanks again."

After Pio left, Lui took the note from where it was tucked into the bouquet, unfolded it, and read the words.

Margaux Cassidy Louise,

Thank you for letting me in your life. It means to me more than you may ever know. I was serious when I said I'm willing to defy everything that makes me, well, ME, only for you, my love. I promise to worship you. I'll also protect you and your heart, the best way I can. Don't ever doubt that. I can't wait to see what lies ahead for us as partners. A huge congratulations with your presidency as that's something I keep forgetting to say. I'll savor every moment we're given together, each and every one of them. Heard peonies are your favorite. (Well, more likely that I've actually asked. 😊). Have a great day ahead!

Your Lover

After reading the note, Lui knew who exactly the bouquet and Americano was from. She felt that tears sprung to her eyes as she finished reading the note then she looked at the peonies again. Peonies symbolizes romance and nobility, and they were her favorite, nonetheless. She also felt kilig because of Iggi's note. She has never felt so loved in that romantic sense ever.

As the sun peaked through her windows, she decided to text Pio and ask him to come over her room again so they can discuss her schedule for the day. Pio was quick on his feet as he was there almost straight away.

"What's my schedule like for today, Pio? Binigay na ba sa'yo ni Martee ang list of agendas? I would ask her sana. Kaso knowing Martee, tulog mantika 'yon," Lui said which earned a slight chuckle from Pio. Lui sat cross-legged on her big chair which was situated in the receiving area of her room. She was already wearing a pin-striped polo matched with denim shorts and her prescription glasses. Lui just watched her head PSG as he sat down on the chair in front of her while fishing his phone from the pocket of his hoodie.

"Yes ma'am, nandito na po sa akin at mukhang puro meetings na naman po ma'am. First up, you have a meeting with VP Laurel para i-discuss ang tungkol sa Gabinete mo at sa magiging staff sa palasyo. May dalawang buwan mahigit halos na lang po ang meron para maifinalize na ang staff for approval para sa susunod na anim na taon. Alam ko naman ma'am na you're on top of that agenda. Another thing, maliban naman po sa pagrireresearch mo, si Martee, she has you booked for a few luncheons, charities, galas, and visits with people at organizations para makilala ka pa lalo bago mag Inauguration. Mas detalyado ang planong na kay Martee, ma'am kaysa po rito sa hawak ko. Kailangan lang naman po ay mabantayan namin kayo ni Samuel ng mabuti at maging alerto kami all the time for your safety."

A smile etched on Lui's beautiful face as she heard that her first meeting's with Iggi. What a beautiful way to start my day, she thought to herself.

"Don't forget, ma'am. We leave for Davao to do some press soon, kaya kailangan niyo rin pong maghanda para doon," Pio continued to fill Lui in with her schedule for the next few days as she mentally catalogued what she should get accomplished before the day's end. She took a long pull of her Americano and heaved a deep breath before looking at her head PSG again.

"Thanks Pio," was all that Lui has mustered to say. She finds her schedule very busy and obviously, a tad stressful.

"Ma'am, VP Laurel's secretary nga pala, asked kanina nung dinala ang coffee mo, kung may time ka raw ba para kay VP tonight."

"VP Laurel did that, huh?" Lui found herself amused with what Iggi had just done, brave and bold, she chuckled to herself, "kami lang daw ba? Is it for a meeting?"

"No, ma'am. Kayo lang daw po. She's asking for dinner."

"Oh. Okay. Please get Martee to confirm dinner. We'll be safe naman no?"

Pio nodded and beamed, "We've got your back. We won't be far away from your location."

This time it was Lui's time to nod, "Thanks again, Pio. You may go."                    

After Pio left, Martee, who was already dressed for the day, entered the room.

"Nakasalubong ko si P sa hallway, dinner with the VP raw later?"

"Yes, Mart. She invited. Who am I to decline?"

"You're the President," Martee said with a chuckle, "So, kanino galing ang peonies? Ang aga ha!"

Martee was practically bouncing in her seat and Lui did her best to ignore her nosy butt for a minute, instead, focusing on an email she received from Iggi. Iggi laid out bullet point plans for them to tackle today and wanted to know if she was on board with the schedule. How professional, Lui uttered in her head. She tapped out a quick reply and did let Iggi know that she was on the way to her office where they could further discuss things before hitting send and continuing to work on her phone.

"No one, Mart. Let it go," Lui responded not even bothering to look up from her phone screen.

"Bakla ka talaga ng taon, Lui! Ano ba naman yan! Ang damot mo sa chika! Ang aga kong naiwan sa kama ni P para d'yan sa peonies at Americano na 'yan dahil ang nagdideliver nasa labas tapos ayaw mo mag-share! Bawal chika, te?"

"Ikaw talaga! There's the chika, Mart! You're sleeping with the head of my presidential security. That's juicier!" Lui dodged Martee's question with that response and laughed carelessly for the first time in what seems like forever.

"Lui naman eh!" the lady responded with cheeks as red as roses.

Lui, on the other hand, was still laughing.

"Aba! Totoo naman ah? Hindi ba? And to kill your curiosity, the Americano was from VP Laurel. Pampagising daw! The peonies, on the other hand, can't really tell you who they're from. Sorry!"

"Nako! May pa-secret secret admirer ka pa ngayon! Ewan," Martee said followed by a laughing fit which both of them were part of.

"Well, come on, Mart. Magbibihis lang ako then we'll grab na lang breakfast on the way to the office of the VP. Okay?" Lui said as soon as she got her grip.

"Sure, Lui. Take your time but be quick," Martee said with a smile.