Chapter Fourteen

After Iggi's inauguration, the guests were invited for a get together outside the garden of the OVP compound, where a tent was set up for a gala event.

As people came and went, Lui and Iggi had to mingle with the crowd as the party was actually for the both of them. Although tired from the events from the day before and that day, they still managed to meet and greet people with smiles plastered across their faces.

Mara, Iggi's daughter came up to Lui and introduced herself, "Hello, Miss President. My name is Maureen Raffaele, my tito Raf said I should introduce myself to you if I wanted to know you."

"Oh, hi there li'l one, you may call me tita Lui na lang. Since naman your mama works with me and your tito is a very good friend of mine," Lui said as she docked down to the kid's height.

"Talaga po? But you are the president. Wouldn't that be disrespectful?"

"No, sweetie. I allowed you naman eh. And is that your brother over there with your tito Raf?"

"Yes po. He's my twin brother. His name is Marco Rafael. Like my dad, Marco and tito, Rafael. My mom's such a smarty. She named my brother after hers and her husband. Easy to remember!"

"Naku! Pasensya ka na, Lui. Ang daldal talaga, Mara!" Raf said as he approached Lui and Mara.

"Tito! You said!" Mara protested.

"It's okay! Ikaw talaga, Raf," Lui said as she stood up properly.

"Madam President, excuse me, can I please have a moment?"

Lui turned around and was stunned to see who the person was.

"Oh, my Lord! Lea! Oh goodness! You made it!" Lui squealed, earning some stares from the visitors as she hugged the other woman tightly.

Lea Sullivan is one of the senators of the United States. At the young age of 35, she is already one of the sought-after senators in the US and have amassed a following, all because of the projects she had done and been involved with.

On the other hand, Iggi went back to the table where her children and brother were but her children weren't there, only Raf was. She then immediately noticed Lui with the young senator.

"Oh! Sino yung kasama ni Lui? Kilala mo?" Iggi said with a hint of annoyance in her voice.

"Rae, ilugar mo 'yang arte mo," Raf warned his older sibling.

"Rafael!" Iggi responded with a chuckle but Raf was actually serious.

"I am serious, Rae. You have to. Hindi siya sa'yo, remember?"

"And who told you so?"

"Ipagpalagay na nga nating sige, she's yours. Pero the fact after that you are still married and that she isn't legally yours to claim, hmmm?"

"Alam mo minsan, hindi ko alam if you're really my sibling. If you're a friend ba or you're a foe!" Iggi said as she kiddingly shook her head.

"Rae, I'm only looking after you. We both know that you're trying to be an Icarus here. You've already flown too close to the sun. You're just lucky enough that you have not been burned yet," Raf said in a concerned manner as he wrapped his arm around his sister's shoulder, "I love you, Rae. And I love Louise also. Pero mahal ko rin sina Markel at Mara and sina mama at papa. Kaya ayusin mo 'yan. 'Wag mong bigyan sina mama at papa ng ikakasama nila ng loob, Rae, I swear, ako ang makakalaban mo."

"I know that naman, Raf. I'm sorry. Alam kong mali. But... I only fell deeper eh. I tried to get out naman of the situation but she's kinda like a quicksand. Ang bilis ng mga pangyayari eh," Iggi tried explained to her younger sibling.