𝔽𝕀𝕍𝔼

I watch Taehyung with a frustrated expression as he works at his desk.

Boss put me in the office with Taehyung just to keep me entertained which by the way, I am the total opposite of.

What exactly happened to him..

I know it's not my place to pry but I can't help but be.. curious. I would worry myself on other's things but there's isn't a lot of options. I mean.. there is the fact that I was sold and I would very much like to get out of here but I have no chance of that.

"It's rude to stare."

I blink out of my thoughts as Taehyung glances up at me through his glasses. Which I'm pretty sure are just accessories..

"I wasn't staring."

He scoffs as he flips a page on his desk.

"So watching me intensely with a pout on your lips and burning eyes.. isn't staring?" He sighs as he challenges me. I avert my gaze and pout my lips. "That's what I thought.." He says as he goes back to his work.

I sigh and slouch back into my chair.

I'm so bored..

A groan leaves Taehyung's lips as he stretches in his seat.

"Finally done.." he mumbles to himself and moves papers aside as he stands up to stretch his legs.

"Those are nice contacts." I compliment casually, wanting to cure my boredom. Taehyung glances at me with his blue eyes coldly before turning away to go on his phone.

I huff out of annoyance.

"Are you hungry? I can go ask one of the cooks to make something.." I sit up eagerly, thinking he is likely to answer with a yes.

"I'm fine."

I furrow my eyebrows. "God you really don't have emotions." I mutter to myself in defeat. I feel his glare on me.

"Fine.. Ask me a question." He sighs. I look up surprised. "Well, you want to start a conversation right?" Taehyung raises an eyebrow inquisitively. I smile excitedly.

"Anything?"

"Just ask before I change my mind." He sighs and ruffles his hair.

"Why did you help me.. Saving me from those two guys two weeks ago." I ask curiously. He watches me for a bit before answering.

"You were scared."

I raise an eyebrow. "Whatever reason.. Thank you for that. I felt.. so helpless in that situation."

Taehyung stays quiet as I thank him quietly. He shrugs.

"It's disgusting. No one should be in that situation." He voices honestly, surprising me.

"Good to know you're different.." I mutter to myself with a small smile. He raises an eyebrow.

"Do you think I'm like my father in that way?" A hint of offense in his tone.

"I-I mean everyone here seems.. dangerous." I shrink into the chair.

"Don't compare me to him. I'm nothing like him." He says firmly and goes back to his phone.

Great. Conversation's over.

I purse my lips in thought.

"Why do you hate your father so much..? I mean.. he's your father. For someone to hate their parents.. they must've really done someth-"

"That is none of your business, why I despise my father or what he has done that has lost my respect. Learn your place in this household and learn how to keep your mouth shut." My eyes widen as we make eye contact. In his eyes burn a strong hatred and sadness that makes me want to learn more.

"What hurt you.." I gasp quietly to myself and cover my mouth. I didn't mean to say that aloud.

Taehyung closes his eyes and clenches his jaw. He glares at me intensely as he stands and exits the room, slamming the door behind him.

I close my eyes and hit my head. "Hee Young why are you so clumsy." I scold myself for my actions.

I sit in thought in the silence of the room.

There's so much emotion in his eyes.. while his expression is stone. He has deep emotions that no one has been able to read. I sit up suddenly as an idea strikes me.

What if.. I can gain his trust. If I can just reach out to him.. I can read his feelings. I believe I can connect with his emotions enough so that he believes he can trust me. Maybe then.. I can escape with his help. He will help me get out.

Hopefully during the process nothing like what happened two weeks ago takes place again.