ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔼

Half heartedly, I put together a tray of finger sandwiches for the meeting going on in one of the lounges. Boss is hosting a meeting for trade discussions coming up. And of course.. I was requested to tend to them.

I take a deep breath, encouraging myself before stepping into the room with a forced smile on my face.

Quietly as the men speak, I place down the tray and wait by the corner for my next request.

Suddenly I look up to see someone coughing violently. The boss glares at me before looking into the sandwiches.

"You dumb girl I said no cucumbers!" The man coughing yelled hoarsely. I walk up and bow to them apologetically.

Suddenly I am knocked down by a blow that hits the side of my head. I look shocked to see the boss rubbing his hand while glaring at me.

"Get up and get the man some tea." He says coldly. Holding back my tears, I bow as I hold my face and hurry into the kitchen.

It's just a small hit Hee Young.. Don't be such a crybaby.

I hold my breath to keep my cries in.

I got beaten all the time at home.. Why am I so shocked..

I close my eyes and let out a shaky breath before preparing the tea and presenting it to the man whom was coughing earlier. I keep my head down as the boss stares at me harshly.

I yelp when he hastily stands and grabs my jaw, moving my chin up to see my neck. My eyes widen as I realize he found the bruises that Jimin left behind.

"You little slut.. Have you been sleeping around my household? When you know who you belong to!"

I whine when he grips my throat tighter. I claw at his hand desperately but he shows no backing down. Not until he let go of me, letting me collapse to the ground before kicking me coldly.

"Be gone out of my sight. If I catch you wandering out of your room.. Expect more than a few bruises."

On my walk of shame back to my room, I rub my neck unconsciously. My body aches.. I'm mentally and physically exhausted. I just want to sleep and never wake up..

Sudden I bump into something and fall backwards.

Great.. more bruising.

I let a few tears roll down my face as I stay sitting on the ground.

I'm so pathetic..

The tapping of a foot catches my attention and I glance up to see Taehyung looking down at me with a cold face. So that's what I bumped into..

Great.. just what I need right now.

His eyes falter as he realizes my state. Ignoring him, I look back down and let my tears flow silently.

After all those years of holding my emotions back.. To not complain. Just waiting for some good karma to come upon me.. Here is where I break.

I barely notice Taehyung picking me up until he grazes the bruise on my face. I hiss in pain causing him to retract his hand, pressing his lips into a thin line. I look at him questionably through my blurry vision.

Without a word, he walks me to my room, swiftly opening the door and resting me on my bed. Suddenly I miss the feeling of him holding me.

"Stay-" I say out loud not even realizing it until it's too late. He freezes and looks back at me over his shoulder with a strange look.

Even though it's Taehyung... I feel more comfortable with someone else around.

"I-I don't want to be alone.." I whisper, covering for my first slip-up. He stares into my eyes for a few seconds before sighing and laying in bed next to me.

I let my eyes wander up to look at his face. He's tense, his vision trained on the ceiling, completely ignoring my existence. I can't control the urge to hug him, so I do so. I hear him take a sharp breath in as I wrap my arms around him and cuddle my head into his side.

No One's POV

Mr. Kim sits in his dark office as usual, going over this months money income.

The door to the dark office opens confidently without warning. Mr. Kim doesn't bat an eye when his son comes striding in and stands in front of his desk.

"Did you hit her?"

"Hit who, Taehyung.." The older sighs while not looking up.

"You know who, father." The younger spits mockingly. Mr Kim looks up impatiently.

"She needs to be shown to follow directions and not be a slut."

Taehyung narrows his eyes at his father.

"You may of bought her to be your slut but she is definitely not one to sleep around on her own."

"And you know that how?" The father sighs, confident in his actions.

"I've seen it. She's scared to even let a man shake her hand." Taehyung replies back equally as confident and stubborn.

"Well, then if you're so sure. They why does she have hickeys littering her neck." Mr Kim smirks when his son's eyes widen the slightest bit.

"Even if that's the case.. You have no reason to hit her. For all you know she could have been forced by your minions."  Tae seethes.

"Hm.. Even if that did happen...

Why do you care?"