Noah and The Ark

We've all heard the story. It's simple: Noah is called on by God to build an ark, two of every animal, blah, blah, blah. Right? Well, it's actually a lot more than that. I want to dig deeper into this story, since its more than meets the eye.

Let's start at the beginning, in Genesis 5. So, it started with Adam. Adam had a son, and named him Seth. I'll spare you the other 28 verses of genealogy. Finally, Lamech was 182 and had a son, Noah. There was a 1100 year gap between Adam and Noah.

Then we go to Genesis 6. Verses 1-8 talks about God regretting even creating the human race. In verses 5-8, it says, "The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time. The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled. So the Lord said, "I will wipe from that face of the earth the human race I have created- and with them, the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground- for I regret that I have made them. But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord."

Noah, basically, was the only godly person left in the world. Noah repented against all of the sin and hate in the world.

Then, God came to Noah when he was 500 years old. (If you've seen Evan Almighty, you know the gist of the story.) It took Noah 100 years to build the ark.

Now, Noah, having built the ark, gets two of every animal. Once the animals are on the ark, the flood comes. This all happened when Noah was 600 years old. The flood lasted for 40 days and 40 nights.

Everything and everyone that wasn't on the ark dies. Everything with the breath of life had died.

Finally, after 40 days and 40 nights, the flood ends. Noah and his family leave the ark, only to find everything destroyed.

So, now that we know the story, we can look deeper into it. God was really mad... At everyone. So much so, that he wiped the entire face of the earth. God sent Noah a rainbow and his promise to never do this again.

If that rainbow didn't happen, would we still even be here? At what point would God start over, again?

Noah is and should be a role model to all of us. He went against what the world said and did, and he ended up being the only human left. Pretty great reward if you ask me.

Lessons can be learned in this story. Be in this world, not of it. Repent against sin. Follow God's plan for you.

Author's Note

Hey! Sorry this chapter took so long. Life has been kinda hectic lately. I'm going to a youth event this weekend, so I may or may not be writing about the lesson, but I'll just have to see.

As always, Thanks for reading!!! I really appreciate the 150 reads!

Psalms 119:61 NIV - Though the wicked bind me with ropes, I will not for get your law.