Raindrops

Guren's POV

I loved rain. The sound of raindrops hitting the ground. The sound of lightning. The sound of wind howling. I loved listening to it. Somehow listening these sounds calmed my heart. It felt like maybe, just maybe the rain would be able to cleanse this world of its sin. That maybe it would cleanse me of my sins and curse. But it cant.

Just standing there, Hearing the raindrops.
Reminds me of my loneliness.

I heard someone knocking the door. Thinking it might be Shinya. I asked them to come in. And as I thought it was indeed Shinya. When he told me that Kureto was investigating me, it didn't surprise me. I knew he will find out about it sooner or later. I had nothing to say to him. And him threatening Shinya to stay away from me was nothing new. Shinya always ignores Kureto's threats. But I don't think that's such a good idea now. Shinya should keep his distance from me. But somewhere in my heart I didn't want him to distance himself from me. Trying to change the subject I asked him if our loved ones would still be alive if it weren't for this wretched world. If Mahiru would still be alive. But there was no answer. Just silence. I had never seen Shinya so silent. Normally he wouldn't stop talking. Now he kept his head down. He was clenching his hands like he was trying to stop himself from doing something. Then suddenly he came almost running to me. Pulled my collar forcefully and kissed me. Shinya kissed me but why? I could feel drops of water in my face. How? I wasn't crying. Then I open my eyes and see tears flowing down from Shinya's eyes. He was making such a painful expression that I couldn't find it in myself to push him away so I just stood there. But I had to push him so that I could ask him the reason behind kissing me. So I pushed him lightly. He then let go of my collar and put a little distance between us. He kept his head down avoiding my eyes. "Shinya" I said with a small voice as to not scare him. But before I could continue he ran out of my office. Leaving me alone with a million questions running through my head. Why did he kiss me? Why was he crying? Why was he wearing such a painful expression? If only I could help him ease that pain.

Listening to raindrops calmed me but then why do I feel so dejected?