Chapter 1: Out on The Verge

"You, what are you doing here?" Demeter got stunned when she sees the least expected person to attend her 25th birthday party. "You shouldn't be here, why are you?" still flustered (all I thought we'll never meet again but here he is, standing right in front of me)

"You, you're pregnant?!" Zeus immediately noticed Demeter's body "Don't tell me, no, it's impossible, I'm not the father of that child, right?" worried

"Go! Leave this place right now, before it's too late" Demeter pushing Zeus "You can't be seen by my parents, hurry run, you'll be forced to marry me if you get caught, go on, run away from here!" cautiously looking around "Why are you still standing there? You should go while there's no one around"

"You want me to run away from my responsibility?" Zeus turned around to face Demeter "You've said it yourself; I'll be forced to marry you if your parents caught me here" looking at Demeter's belly "I am the father of that child" looking at Demeter's eyes "You want me to abandon my child?!"

"Why are you looking at me like that? I'm doing it for your sake, do you even want to marry a stranger? We barely even know each other" Demeter being defensive from Zeus' glare "I gave you a chance" noticed her father's men approaching their way "Now, there's nothing I can do for you"

"I don't intend to run" Zeus smirking "I already know your name because of the banner and the residence we're in, sorry if it took 9 months, to introduced myself, I'm Zeus Ceres" reaching out his hand to Demeter

"You're such a peculiar guy" Demeter shaking hands with Zeus "Even if you know my name, I still want to tell it personally, I'm Demeter Nevaeh"

Men of Demeter's father escorted Zeus inside the mansion. It was during Demeter 4th month pregnancy when her parents began the investigation about the father of Demeter's child. Because Demeter herself won't say a word about who the man is, her parents did the tracing, way back from where their daughter was 4 months ago, in Pickering, Ontario, Canada.

29th of June 1975

"Let's play spin the bottle, whoever the top of the bottle points out will do the dare of the person who's in the direction of the bottom part" Tify

"So not truth or dare, but simply giving out challenges? But what would be the consequence if one failed to do the dare?" Fanny

"I've got some little friends here in the jar" Stephy "These bugs will be the special ingredient to that someone's breakfast tomorrow"

"Eeeww! Yuck! You really are disgusting, I'm not playing, I rather sleep early than play your lousy game" Annie

"Me too, you girls know how much I hate bugs" Demeter looking at the jar with disgusts "I'm out of here" about to leave the circle

"Oh, come on! Don't be such a kill joy, sit down Dee" Young pulled Demeter back on her position "This is our last night here in Canada, please play"

"She's right, tomorrow we'll be back with our normal lives as employees" Hwang "Can't we just have fun for one last night before going back?"

"We all just need to avoid the punishment, that's all" Fanny "Besides, these bugs are safe to eat, in some Asian countries they sell these as foods"

"Geez, no giving impossible dares alright?!" Annie "It's our last girls' night after all so, I'll play, if only I didn't love you girls I won't ever agree"

"Dee, you're in, right?" Hwang "Remember this is our last night of our 3 nights trip, we haven't seen each other after graduating from university"

"Last night of our weekend reunion, it might take several years for another get together like this" Tify