Chapter 2: I'll Be Needing Stitches

"Your mother, wife, and daughter are Korean, so I don't think processing your citizenship will be hard, though being an English-Canadian is cool enough, you'll confuse people with your appearance, Z.C. there's no doubt that you're Korean, except for your heart shaped lips and round eyes, you might got that from your English father" Pluto having a conversation with Z.C. "But the reason why you wanted to be Korean is because you are fascinated with the conscription here, you wanted to perform the compulsory military service that is required to male citizens between ages 18 and 28"

"Iapet-hyungnim is the first Nevaeh to serve the military" Zeus Latona, he just got the name Z.L. earlier from Pluto to avoid confusion among the 3 Zeus in the Nevaeh residence, husband of Leto, Demeter's cousin "We both born on February of 1954, you're older for only 9 days, we might be even notified at the same time, it's more comfortable to serve with someone you know, besides both of us are both engineers though you're geodetic and I'm an electrical engineer" tapping Z.C.'s shoulder "Geez, we've got a lot in common, even the names of our father, mine is Suez while yours is Sue, though my father's an Australian businessman while yours an English soldier, maybe that's the reason why you're interested with the military stuffs"

"I think so too" Z.C. "Instead on applying for US citizenship that I doubt if would be granted since I'm already leaving here in Korea, I'll just go with what I have now, but the cost of petitioning of us 6 non-Americans children of our foster parents, it'll be a waste on me" resting his chin on the table "I owe them too much that I don't even know how to pay, now that I have my own family they told me not to worry about them anymore and focus on my wife and child, but how can I do that? I'm having a comfortable life here but they're struggling over there, I don't want to be ungrateful"

"Young master Ceres" one of Uranus people "Grandmaster, required your immediate attention, please follow me, excuse us young masters" head bowing

"Oh alright, I'll see you later gentlemen" Z.C. stands up immediately and follow the lead of the attendant "Is it about the funeral rite earlier, was he mad at me for being ignorant of the proper way on giving respect to her late wife?" getting anxious while walking heading to the assigned room

"You worry too much young master Ceres" attendant knocking on the door "Grandmaster, young master Ceres has arrived"

"Let him in" Uranus seating on the couch at the other side of the table "Come in, sit down, were you worried why I suddenly called for you?"

"Father, you're really good in making people anxious" Cronus sitting on the right side of Uranus "Be at ease, son, just make yourself comfortable"

"A-alright" Z.C. trying to calm down "May I know what's this serious matter you want to discuss with me?" looking at Uranus and Cronus

"It's a family tradition that every 7th of July, that's my late wife's birthday, I grant a wish of one of my grandchildren" Uranus looking at Z.C. "As my new grandchild, I'll grant a wish of yours, so tell me, what do you want? You can tell me anything, whatever you desire, my child"

"What else can I ask for? You've already gave me a comfortable life here, I don't need anything, but I appreciate that you think of me first" said Z.C.

"Son, you might wait for another decade for this kind of opportunity, trust me you'll regret it if you missed this, so go ahead, ask my father anything that you truly desire, he can do anything except for bringing dead people back to life" Cronus persuading Z.C. to open up

"Well then, seeing the entire Nevaeh clan here today to celebrate late grandmother's birthday, it reminded me of my family in Columbus, I feel so guilty leaving them struggling back there while I'm having an easy life here, they told me not to worry about them but how can I not?" Z.C. appealing