Chapter 11 - Taking Time To See Beauty, Part 1

Most people, it seems to me, go through life not appreciating and noticing the finer things in life. In fact, most people go through their whole entire lives without ever recognizing the beauty that surrounds them daily. It is almost as if he or she takes for granted each majestic creature, every wonderful day, and the moments that he or she gets to live on the Earth. This has an extremely major impact on how that person views life and also that person's quality of life. Each one of us could all use to look at each day as a special gift, and use that amazing gift to spread joy and happiness to the people who love one. It will also affect others and make them think too that celebrating the finer things in life is what makes this life so awe inspiring. If there is one kind of people out there who have the most potential to make this idea a reality, it would most certainly be highly sensitive people. Highly sensitive people are basically people who have a much greater awareness of not only what is going on around one, but also of the things that people so often don't value. These kinds of people can impact the world by helping other people become free by teaching other people to enjoy the items, the experiences, the people that constantly care about one, and also the environment that is here daily and to be able to truly relish life the way that it was supposed to be.

            I do think that I am a highly sensitive person as the many stories that are now going to be told will certainly prove that. These stories will also tell of how the activities or happenings or objects will guide one in and through the journey of becoming free.

                                                       Appreciate Life

            The story that I am going to start off with deals with the Sun and the sky.

            I get into my car to drive somewhere, be it to get food for my mom, my sister, and I, to go get gas, to visit my grandma, and sometimes to just drive around. Before I start to drive on the road, if it is the daytime, I tend to look up at the Sun and the sky, and I smile. And I do this many, many times before I actually start to drive. Why do I do this activity when I enter into my car? The answer is actually quite simple. I am such a highly sensitive person, that even just looking toward the sky and the Sun makes me happy. The reason why doing this action makes me feel content with life because it feels as if God is smiling down at me, and is pleased with how I am living my life. Another, yet less important reason, why I do enjoy viewing the Sun and the sky is because of the wonder and the beauty and the warmth that is being omitted by both. This is a rare trait to see in a person because most people just ignore both of the objects just because that the Sun and the sky are always there. As one can see, I certainly am able to take even what people think isn't worth noticing, and turn it into something that I think is so marvelous to look at. Another point about this topic is that, out there in the world are people who need a lot to be happy. To me, the less items that I have, the more that I can truly focus on the details in life that make this life just so fantastically beautiful. Who needs all of the fancy, expensive possessions that will eventually go away when all that one could ever want and desire is already in front of one. The interesting idea is that the Sun and the sky are objects that most people don't even take note of because he or she is either so wrapped up in himself or herself or is consumed by the issues that one could potentially have at the time. There is a place and time that is specifically for figuring out solutions for the problems that one is having, but what is so freeing about being able to look at even just something as simple as the Sun and the sky is the fact that doing this consistently will certainly train one's brain, especially in times of trouble and conflict, to step back, breathe, and to remember that it is true that life is short, but it is also even more true that the life that one lives is so fascinating. Being able to think and be in this state of mind for one's entire life will make he or she appreciate and learn to fully enjoy all of the little things that life has to offer, only if one has the ability to recognize it. Another awesome little story deals with the nighttime.