New Year, New Beginnings [stydia]

            Lydia was hosting what she hoped would be one of the most memorable parties in Beacon Hills. It was New Year's Eve, and she would be lying if she said it was a good year. After everything that happened, she was ready to start out with a new beginning even if she might not every be ready to let go.

            A knock sounded at her door. Lydia finished setting the drinks to cool in the fridge, then hurried to answer it. She invited some of her closer friends to come earlier so they could help set everything up. It was no surprise that Stiles was the first one there, with Malia at his side.

            "Oh, you're here," Lydia acknowledged, her tone directed more toward the were-coyote. Malia stepped in first, moving her way around Lydia and straight inside. Stiles grinned sheepishly and made his own way indoors.

            "Yeah, we figured we would come and help out," Stiles replied. "Anything we could do?"

            "Of course. Do you mind finishing up the decorations while I got get changed?"

            Stiles nodded, picking up a roll of streamers in his hand while Malia was on the couch. Lydia watched Stiles her off of the sofa to help out. That was when Lydia left to her room. She had an outfit to pick out.

            Over the last few months, Lydia's relationship with Stiles had been confusing. Stiles was dating Malia, and Lydia had the feeling she wasn't too liked by her. Although Malia wasn't particularly happy with Lydia and Stiles hanging out, that didn't stop them. They chatted quite a bit at school, had study sessions, and dealt with the latest supernatural crisis in the town together. It sure sounded like they were in a relationship. Lydia just wasn't sure how Stiles felt anymore. She wasn't sure why she suddenly felt differently about him.

            For the longest time, Lydia never paid much attention to Stiles Stilinski. She's known for awhile that he's liked her since the third grade. Up until when all of the supernatural stuff started happening, she wouldn't have ever thought to be associated around the son of the sheriff. Obviously things were different now. The moment Lydia's feelings seem to change, Stiles gets a girlfriend.

            Malia seems nice. She hasn't quite gotten a grasp on the human world, but that was understandable. Lydia just wished she understood more. She insulted Lydia when not meaning to; it still hurt. She brings up touchy topics all the time. Maybe Lydia wasn't too fond of her, and Malia wasn't too fond of Lydia, in the end they did become somewhat of friends.

            Lydia looked in her mirror, adding the finishing touches to her makeup. It was lighter than normal, and made her feel more like herself. Her strawberry blond hair was curled and falling down beneath her shoulders. She wore a gorgeous knee length midnight dress, black heels, and matching jewelry. If this didn't impress Stiles, she didn't know what would.

            When she made her way back down the stairs, she was extremely surprised at the house. It was all decorated. Stiles and Malia must have done quite a bit while she was gone. Now, all that was left were the snacks and beverages. Lydia headed into the kitchen, heels clacking on the floor.

            "Lydia--" Stiles started, turning around. He gaped at her, eyes widening as she walked into the kitchen. She felt herself blushing slightly, something she wasn't used to doing. Boys stared at her all the time at school. Why did this feel so different?

            Thankfully, Stiles probably didn't notice her blushing since his face was red, as well. "Oh, uh--hey, you look great! Wow, uh, we got the decorations up," Stiles stuttered nervously, moving his eyes away from Lydia to a random spot on the wall.