Chapter 9

After we managed to put the younger kids in bed for their mid day nap, the other day staff that is around my age Lia and I are on laundry duty.
She is friendly and very talkative.
They are two big washing machines in the kitchen that we are now emptying and refilling.
Lia hands me the laundry basket with the freshly washed clothes and we walk outside to hang them up in the backyard.
"So do you have a boyfriend?", she asks me and I nearly drop the sock I am holding on to the grass.
Do I have a boyfriend? What exactly am I to Niall?
I don't want to pressure him into anything by asking him but I also would like to know how serious "this thing" we are having is to him.
"Not exactly", I mumble and she nods knowingly.
"I know, the whole boyfriend and girlfriend thing is so overrated we shouldn't need to put a label on it", she explains and helps me hang up a bed sheet.
Two girls come running towards us and hide behind the laundry baskets.
"What are you doing Dana and Aisha?", Lia asks trying to hold back a laugh.
"We don't want to sleep anymore", they giggle and then we realise who they are hiding from.
Emma comes rushing to us looking around frantically.
"Have you seen Dana and Aisha?", she asks breathlessly and adds "I wasn't looking for a second and they were gone, I swear it is like taking care of hundreds of baby ducks", she blabbs on.
"We haven't seen them", I stop her waterfall of words and she quickly hurries away after thanking us.
Dana and Aisha leave their hiding spot and wrap their arms around me and then Lia.
"She will never find us", they giggle and run off again.
"These two are adorable, Dana is having trouble concentrating ever since she saw her brother getting beat up by her mother so badly he ended up in the hospital", Lia tells me and I am shocked.
This little, happy girl has been through horrible things.
"Aisha is her best friend and they usually do everything together, Aisha doesn't speak English well enough to communicate properly but it works fine with Dana", she continues and I listen eagerly.
I want to know everything about the kids here so that I can help them overcome the problems they are dealing with.
The rest of the day I have to spend in the office learning how to use the computer programs that we use to register the children and their information.
My head is spinning from all the information I was given today and I am super exhausted when I wave goodbye to Lia who walks out of the building with me.
"See you tomorrow", she yells over her shoulder with her dark hair flying.
I look around searching for Niall and I immediately spot his dark car, that he parked in the shadows.
"Hey, pretty girl come over here", he hollers from the other side of the street and I blush as I look around to check if anyone saw but Lia has already turned the corner and the rest of the day staff is also gone already.
Quickly I hurry over to him and he pulls me in for a kiss.
"You love embarrassing me huh?", I mumble against his lips.
"It makes you blush and it's adorable", he whispers and presses a kiss to my cheekbone intertwining his fingers with mine.
When we pull away he opens the car door for me and helps me inside.
"This time I came prepared", he announces and points to the backseat where he placed a picnic basket and a blanket.
"I hope you like what I brought", he says while he starts to drive.
London traffic is worse now than last night, so we end up being stuck on the roads for hours.
"This is horrible", Niall groans angrily and hits the steering wheel in frustration.
I reach over to take his hand in mine and press a little kiss on his knuckles, an attempt to calm him down.
"I had it all planned out perfectly", he says more softly this time and holds on tightly to my hand.
We are currently surrounded by hundreds of honking cars and angry drivers not even close to the bench on the hill.
"Don't worry about it, it is not your fault", I tell him and I cuddle myself into his side as much as it is possible with both of us still wearing our seatbelts.
"No it is getting late and you need to get up early tomorrow again", he sighs and I place a kiss on his upper arm.
"We can do the picnic in the car and drive back to the hill another time", I suggest and I really do feel bad that his plan got so messed up.
Niall agrees and looks for the next parking lot on his phone.
I watch him, still snuggled to his side, his brown hair that looks so much better on him than the blonde look he had going when he was still in the band, his blue eyes with the small darker specks that are always full of love and happiness.
"Like what you see?", he chuckles deeply and I blush while I sit back in my seat.
"No, I like you cuddling with me", he pouts and I smile widely.
"Saftey first", I announce and point to the street where the cars started moving again.
"You are making it hard for me to concentrate on the street anyway", he adds with a wink and I hide my face behind my hands.
Suddenly I remember that I forgot to text or call Elise about my date so I take out my phone and snap a picture of Niall driving and send it to her.
"You sending the picture to the press to get money?", he laughs and I play shocked.
"Shoot you got me", I dramatically raise my hands up in defence and he laughs even more.
God that laugh will be the death of me.
Elise answers immediately with a thousand emojis and makes me promise to call her tonight.
"Do you miss her?", Niall asks while he pulls in the parking lot and I know who he is referring to.
"Not as much as I thought I would", I answer and add "Thanks to you".
Now it is his turn to blush a little.
He stops the car and we both sit down in the back since it is easier without the car console in the way.
"You prepared it all by yourself?", I ask in disbelief when I look at the lovely prepared sandwiches, cut veggies and fruits.
"Not really all by myself, I might had a little help from my assistant", he scratches his neck.
"I don't care it looks amazing", I thank him and we start eating.
"Tell me about your work", he says and I happily oblige.
I tell him about the project, how amazing the house looks, how much I already care about the kids and how I can't wait to go back there tomorrow.
The whole time I talk he has a smile on his face and asks a question  from time to time so I know he is actually interested in what I am doing.
"It sounds amazing", he says when I finish.
I ask him about his day and I watch as his eyes light up.
"I think I am finally done with one of my songs for my new album", he happily announces.
"Maybe I will show you", he teases and I punch his arm.
He grabs my wrist and pulls me closer that I am nearly sitting on his lap, our faces just inches apart.
I lean in and our lips connect, moving perfectly in sync.
My hands find their way to his soft hair and Iet my fingers run through it.
Nialls hands wander to my hips and he holds me in place.
A loud knock on the window startles us and we quickly pull away, my face as red as a tomato.
A security guard looks at us in a disapproving way and motions at us to roll down the window.
"This is not a brothel I will ask you to leave this parking lot immediately or I will have to press charges", he says and Nialls grip on my hips gets stronger, like he is telling me not to worry.
"Sorry, this will not happen again, we will leave", he says seriously.
The guard shakes his head and just as he his about to leave he turns back around
"Wait you are Niall Horan right?", he asks and before Niall is able to answer he continues. "My daughter is a big fan would you please sign this for me?", he pulls a notepad from his pants and holds it in the car through the open window.
"Uhm sure", Niall says and scribbles his name on the paper together with a heart.
"Have a safe drive home", the guard tells us after he recieved the signed paper and walks away.
We both sit in silence for a while before we burst out laughing and I bury my head in the crook of his neck.
"That was something", Niall laughs and gently pushes me off his lap and we return to the front seats.
"I think I should bring you home now", he says with a hint of sadness in his voice and I nodd.
"Don't worry I will see you again tomorrow", he says and kisses my cheek sweetly.
"Don't you have to work sometimes?", I tease and he laughs.
"The perks of being a famous superstar", Niall grins.
As excited I am to go back to work tomorrow I wish I could just hang out with Niall the whole day.
Spend every single minute of my day by his side.