Fear

Date: May 12

Time until death: 19 days

I forgot what this felt like.
What is this strange feeling again?

I hate it.

Nishinoya was at a table in the library with Kiyoko and Suga (Daichi was studying elsewhere), and they were all going over the plan together. They had selected the first option, cause a distraction from the situation and keep him near you. Noya was the most enthusiastic for that one. And though he didn't tell anyone, it was for more reasons than one.

Of course he loved Asahi more than anything in the world. He couldn't stand to not be by his side. It was just...frightening.

It feels horrible.
Like something will happen any minute.
Something bad.

It was interesting to watch his kouhai growing closer and closer together as he drifted further and further away from them. Hinata, Kageyama, Tsukishima, and Yamaguchi has formed a bond. It was nice, knowing that they would still be there when he was gone.

When Asahi was gone.

Unless they went too.

Yuu refused to use that word. The horrible word that even sounded grotesque.

Death.

It wasn't a good feeling, the anxiety that settled into the pit of his stomach and took the form of a knot. Than again, did anyone describe that as a good feeling?

"Okay," Kiyoko said, "You two are gonna have an awesome home date. Movies are important, what movies do we need?" Noya gave a small hum in response. "Comedy," Sugawara said, "Definitely comedy, or something lighthearted. We don't need anymore angst in our life. Maybe, like, a musical?" Kiyoko nodded. "And food-" "I'll take care of it." Noya mumbled. "Um, Noya-kun, are you okay?" Kiyoko asked worriedly.

"...do I look like I'm okay to you?!"

He stalked out of the library and bumped right into Asahi.

Just my luck.

"Yuu, are you okay?" He asked. Oh shit, he's worried about me now. Great job, Yuu, you screwed it up again! "Yeah, just really stressed. You know, I have that huge test."

Lies, a voice whispered.

"Would you like me to help you study?"

"...Sure."

Didn't go quite as he planned.
At least now he knew the subject, though. That was pretty nice. "Do you get it now, Yuu?" Noya nodded, and for once, he was telling the truth. "You really should be a teacher, Azumane." "Well..." he said.

"Don't tell me you are a teacher?!"
"No, but I do have a part time job tutoring failing students."
"Okay, so you are a teacher."
"Not quite- never mind."

Noya giggled. Asahi scrolled through his laptop, and told him, "Hey, there's a meteor shower here at the end of May. We should see it together."

"Well, when is it?"

"May 31."
A knot twisted in Noya's stomach, but he pretended that he wasn't about to throw up at hearing that date. "Cool! I'll come with you, but only if you want to." "Of course I want to! Any time spent with you is the best time I could ever have."

Good to know he enjoys my company, at least.

I can't believe he's gonna leave.

That's what the feeling is.

It's fear. I'm scared.

There were 18 days left in May.
And on the last day, Asahi would die faster than a meteor could fall unless three hopeful kids could stop it.