aoba johsei

コートを制す= Rule the Court

so. rule the court huh.

basically it means to take control and/or to be the one in control with the flow of the game not the other team (like you know in volleyball the flow of the game is important). just like their setter oikawa, he easily controls the game with his passes and also his serves. the motto is basically asking them to be the better one or the one in control like the kings (ahha great king oikawa lets go) so that they can "rule the court". all in all, it means to take control just like how one needs to take control of their live so that they can make the best out of it.

(in my opinion)

it is a good motto for the team as (like i said) oikawa is able to control the ball easily. he sets ball that are perfect for the spiker, like what ushijima said. however, im not sure whether the rest of the team (especially after the third year leaves) will be able to rule the court. since we didnt really get yahaba being setter often, i dont know whether he is able to control the flow of the game just like oikawa. i feel their libero, watari, can also control the flow since he is a good libero and receives the ball well so yeh. i feel its a good motto for the team to try to abide to.