13 : driving lessons

Due to Malia finding out more information about what had killed Tracy, we were now facing the option of some experimental men in cloaks being murderers but we had no idea what else they were doing or what their purpose was

Due to Malia finding out more information about what had killed Tracy, we were now facing the option of some experimental men in cloaks being murderers but we had no idea what else they were doing or what their purpose was. Malia had taken a book called the 'Dread Doctors' and was busy highlighting everything that could help us discover the reasons for them being in Beacon Hills; or just to give us any clues on what they were doing exactly.

For the past couple of days, I had been training in the gym with Theo, as he had promised to help me learn to protect myself against supernatural creatures. Today I was having a break from training and had gone to the library to study so that I actually stayed on top of my work and didn't fall behind. When I entered the library, I was sure that I would be sat by myself because I knew that Mason and Liam both had plans that evening and the rest of the pack were probably continuing their research into the Dread Doctors. I wasn't expecting Malia to be sat in the library, reading the book about the Dread Doctors.

"Hey Malia, do you mind if I sit with you?" I asked, pointing at the empty chair next to her.

"Why would I mind?" She raised an eyebrow, holding her highlighter pen in her hand.

"I just thought maybe you didn't want to be disturbed?"

Malia shook her head, sending me a small smile. "You can sit."

This was progress, she wasn't very socialised into the normal world after spending most of her life as a coyote in the woods but everyone was working hard with her so that she could learn the basics of what to do in normal scenarios. I dropped my backpack by my feet and took out my books for history because Mr Yukimura had set a test for us next week and I wanted to get a head start, just in case something supernatural came up and I didn't have time to study. Every so often I looked up from my notes because Malia seemed to be getting really into the Dread Doctors book that she was reading.

Then my eyes caught sight of a familiar face walking towards us in the library, just because we hadn't planned a training session didn't mean that we weren't going to see each other and this was another chance for us to hangout in a normal circumstance. Theo smiled when he noticed that I was staring at him, and when I knew that he had seen me staring, my cheeks instantly reddened. It was embarrassing that I was catching feelings for him and had no idea whether he felt the same way; sometimes it seemed that we could be more than friends but then at other times it felt like that would be the only thing we could be.

"Page turner?" He pointed to Malia's book as he sat in the seat opposite her, nodding to me as I was sat next to him.

Malia didn't really know why he was there; it was obvious that she was confused about why he was sat with us because my fiends didn't know how close we had been getting in the last couple of days. She set her highlighter down as she stared at him, trying to understand why he was sat with us. "Not exactly."

"Neither is this." Theo joked, holding up a pre-calc book and I laughed quietly at his joke, knowing the pain of that subject and glad that I was focusing on a subject like history, which was one that I actually enjoyed.