29 : back from hell

Everyone was gutted over the fact that we hadn't been able to save everyone at the bunker, but I was counting my blessings because if Liam hadn't have rung me at that exact moment then I could have been taken as well

Everyone was gutted over the fact that we hadn't been able to save everyone at the bunker, but I was counting my blessings because if Liam hadn't have rung me at that exact moment then I could have been taken as well. I would have been another victim of the Wild Hunt and my friends wouldn't even realise it because they would have forgotten me. But we went back to school the next day as if nothing had happened, because it technically hadn't. We knew that we were trying to stop the Ghost Riders from going in the bunker but we had no idea who had been in there, we didn't know if they were strangers or if we actually knew who they were. All we knew was that we were going to have to work harder to protect each other because we didn't want to lose anyone to the Wild Hunt.

I walked into the courtyard at lunch time, expecting to find my friends sat around one of the tables outside but I was confused to see our usual table empty. At this time, Hayden and Liam would be sat there, enjoying their lunch and then I would arrive, then Mason and Corey. But no one was there and that confused me. Just as I was thinking, someone tapped my shoulder and I smiled when I saw that it was just Mason; because I didn't want some random person coming up to me, asking if I remembered their brother or something.

"Are you going to the bench or are you just going to stand here all lunch?" He nudged me as we started walking over, placing our trays on the table.

"Where is everyone?" I asked, sliding into my usual seat.

"Corey is in Physics, for extra credit and Liam and Hayden are out."

"Out where?" I raised an eyebrow, as I picked up my apple.

He laughed awkwardly. "Just out, you know what they're like, constantly skipping school to hangout."

"Mason, where are they?"

"They went to the tunnels." He sighed, knowing that I wasn't going to stop questioning him until I found out exactly what was going on, he could never keep secrets from me because I could see straight through him.

"And why are they in the tunnels?"

"Liam was going to ask for Kira's sword because he thinks it'll give him more information about the Ghost Riders and the Wild Hunt."

I bit into my apple, before realisation dawned on me. "The sword will give him more information, or someone with the sword?"

When my best friend remained silent, I knew that this wasn't good news and I didn't know what to make of all of this. Emotions went swirling through me and I didn't know what to do with any of them, I could decipher what this meant and it was making me more confused, than I had been in the last three months. Liam and Hayden were getting Kira's sword from her mom because he was going to bring Theo back from Hell, in the hope that he had answers about the Ghost Riders because of his relationship with the Dread Doctors. If any plan had ever been this complicated before, then that would surprise me, because this topped the cake for me.