22 : what am i?

Ever since finding out that Theo knew what I was and that the Dread Doctors had wanted me on their side for some reason, I tried to complete research to find out what I was

Ever since finding out that Theo knew what I was and that the Dread Doctors had wanted me on their side for some reason, I tried to complete research to find out what I was. It seemed that everyone knew apart from me and I didn't like that, but the research was a dead end because nothing came up when I typed in purple eyes or commanding powers. Not even the internet seemed to know what I was which was incredibly annoying. The only option I had now was to go to the one person in Beacon Hills that seemed to know about the supernatural and was on our side, hopefully he would have answers for me but I didn't want to bombard him because he had only just returned to town after being kidnapped by the Desert Wolf.

I pushed open the door to the animal clinic, half expecting Scott to be there because he was still working here but he wasn't, the only other person there was the man that I had come to see. He was stood next to the examination table, flicking through books that I guessed had nothing to do with the animals that were in his care; he was researching the supernatural and hoping to find something that would help Scott. I didn't know Deaton very well but Scott trusted him and that was enough for me, that meant that I could trust him and hopefully he would be able to help me.

"Megan, I wondered when you were going to pay me a visit."

I stood awkwardly in the doorway, fiddling with my fingers. "If you're busy, I can come back?"

"Not at all, and I'm guessing that whatever you want to talk about is probably important?"

"I don't know, but Scott said that we come to you for help and I need help." I replied, honestly, not knowing whether this was a good idea or not.

"You want to know what you are." He said bluntly, closing the book that he had been reading.

"Do you know what I am?"

He shrugged. "I have an idea, do you?"

"No, otherwise I wouldn't be here to ask you." I snapped, before quickly apologising but he raised his hand to stop me from talking.

"I haven't had any experience with what you are before, so I'm not sure how to help you control your powers but I can tell you what you are and I can explain what this means for you."

"Please." I begged, stepping closer to him. "I need to know if I can help, if I can fight with my friends?"

Deaton walked past me, heading to a shelf of books, and pulling one rather large book out. He walked back to the table and opened it, turning to one page in particular, before beckoning me over to see what he had pulled out. On the page there were illustrations of women, some with tails and sat on rocks. Each of them had long hair, cascading down their backs and some of them held instruments. The pictures were drawn as if near to the ocean and when I skimmed the writing next to them, I realised what they were. What Deaton believed I was.

"A Siren?" I raised an eyebrow, looking up at the vet. "This is what I am?"

"Siren's are very powerful creatures; you harness the power of manipulation."