Page 10

Cordelia POV

Bryce and Jake came back to me and I had calmed down.

"Hey... Jake really put on a show at Hype," Bryce tried to joke, but I could hear in his voice that he was worried for me. I offered him a quick smile and they both sat with me. Jake sat next to me and Bryce was in front of me. I rested my head on Jake's shoulder and Bryce carefully took my hand. "You feeling better?" He asked.

"Yeah. I made a big deal out of something not that important," I sighed. "Is Patrick okay?"

"You seriously haven't changed. You need to stop worrying about other people. You're so selfless and it bugs me because you're destined to get your feelings hurt."

"Think about yourself for a sec, Cordy," Jake set his hand on my knee.

"Now... Onto the subject of Patrick being okay..."

"I punched him in the jaw. He's fine."

"I punched him in the face after Jake left and knocked him out..."

"Guys! Seriously?" I groaned.

"Listen, Cordy. You're Jake's sister and I think of you like a little sister. We're obviously both gonna care about you. And I told you I'd be there for you if someone hurt you at all. He'll be fine."

"I'm not fine," Patrick walked in and hissed.

"Why the fuck are you here?" Bryce asked.

"Do you want me to apologize or not?" He asked and motioned for me to follow him for a sec. I slowly got up and Bryce grabbed my hand.

"If he hurts you in any way, tell me immediately." I nodded and followed Patrick. We walked into a side room and he looked down. There was a bruise on his cheek bone and slowly ran my thumb over it. He carefully pushed my hand away.

"I'm okay," he muttered. "Look..." He took both my hands and looked me in the eyes. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry about every single fucking thing I've done to hurt you and I never will hurt you on purpose ever again. I like you, Cordelia. A lot. And I never want you to feel insecure. And I'm upset that I was the one who made you feel like that. It's so wrong of me to tell you if anything is wrong with you. Especially if none of it is true. You're gorgeous and perfect, okay?"

"It's okay," I smiled and he kissed me.

"Cordy, be my girlfriend. I know we're gonna start off bumpy and unsure. But it'll get better. Please give it a chance."

"I'd love to be your girlfriend, Patrick." He kissed me again and we walked back to Jake and Bryce.

"What?" Jake asked.

"I probably should have asked you this before, but you kinda hated me so I didn't... Can I date your sister?" Patrick asked hopefully. Jake looked at me and I flashed a quick smile.

"You get one chance."

"I second on that. One chance only," Bryce said.

"Um... Also, Bryce, could you maybe not cuddle with her anymore?" Patrick asked.

"I'm still cuddling with her. Nothing can stop me!" Bryce walked out of the room. Jake nodded at me and left too. Patrick seemed awkward and I sat on the bed. He looked at me and I pet the sport next to me. He sat and I leaned my head onto his shoulder. We hung out for a bit then Patrick went home.

A few days passed and Patrick called me over. I hadn't been over to the Hype House, and Patrick and I had only texted. I went over and parked my car in the drive way. I got out and Patrick and Alex were in the middle of the street getting questioned by Hollywood fix. Fletcher pointed the camera at me and I walked over, moving my keys from hand to hand.

"Oh, hey, Cordelia," Fletcher said.

"Hey," I smiled and Alex put his arm around my shoulder.

"So you're back at Hype House?"

"Yeah, things are fine now."

"So, Patrick, fans are wondering about your bruise."

"Oh... I'm not really gonna talk about that," Patrick said.

"Okay. That's fine. So are you and Cordelia good? A ton of people saw a TikTok of you kissing her cheek."

"Yeah, we're good," we both said. Fletcher asked more questions and the three of us went in when he finished. Alex decided to take him out for a ride and Patrick took me to his room. It was just us and I didn't mind. He kissed me and I smiled, sitting on the bed. He threw his leg over mine and suddenly got up again.

"What?" I asked.

"Do you wanna go to Target?" Patrick asked.

"Why?"

"I don't know. Calvin's coming." He pulled me up and the three of us went to his car. We got to Target and the boys were throwing stuff around the store. "Can we get a blow up matters?"

"No," I said. We ended up getting it. Patrick and I watched movies until night and I went home after Jake said he had a surprise for me. I walked out of my car and was immediately blindfolded. I was lead inside and was excited.

"Okay, take it off," Jake said and I took the blindfold off, finding a new puppy.

"Oh, my God!" I squealed. "Hi, baby." I held it in my arms and I shook it's tail.

" I held it in my arms and I shook it's tail

"And it's a girl," Jake smiled. "All yours." I didn't name it yet, but called Patrick over in the morning.

"What do I name her?" I asked.

"Patricia," Patrick held it.

"Ew. No."

"Karen."

"No!"

"Mercedes. Mercedes Huston."

"Patrick..." I whined.

"I'm literally not even kidding. Or she could  have your last name. Her name would be Mercedes May but Mercy for short," Patrick said.

"Okay..."

"Do you wanna stay over at Hype today?"

"Sure. I'll leave Mercedes here though." He nodded and took me to his car. Patrick and Calvin filmed a YouTube video the whole day and I hung out with the girls. I was getting bored and Patrick wasn't entertaining me. He came over and kissed my cheek.

"Hi," he smiled and I rolled my eyes. I went live and braced myself on the counter.