Lunch under Blossoms

"Hey (y/n)!"

It was Kirishima calling you over from the other side of the cafeteria, as always, he was with a huge grin on his face.

"Who knew we'd get put in different groups for morning training, what's up? I missed you."

He missed me? (~ ̄▽ ̄)~

Oh my god, stop it, don't think like that.

He was just saying that he missed his FRIEND this morning.

Ugh, ever since yesterday night my mind has been complete mush.

"So, I was thinking we could eat lunch together. There's a special place on school grounds that I wanted to show you."

"Oh ok, yah, I'd like that a lot."

He took your hand and pulled you out the door, smiling with anticipation and excitement. You wondered where he was taking you, but decided to go along with it and have some fun. 

Running across the field together, you finally reached your destination. Behind the school there was a hill that looked up over everything, and sitting on top of that hill, there was a lone cherry tree. 

Together, you sat down and leaned against the tree, admiring everything around you. The sun was shining, illuminating the beautiful view of the school building, green grass, and cherry blossoms.

Kirishima closed his eyes and sighed, clearly at peace.

"It's beautiful isn't it?"

"It's amazing. How did you find out about this place?"

"Well, I found it at the beginning of the year when I was walking around and exploring. I come here everyday at lunchtime now."

It's so peaceful.

I can understand why he comes here, it seems like a great place to just sit and think.

"Well, I hope you don't mind if I come here too, I wouldn't want to steal your spot or anything."

"No, no, not at all! That's actually why I brought you here, I think it's better to share a place like this with someone."

You stared off into the distance, the wind blowing around the both of you. A little pink petal fell from above and rested on your cheek. Kirishima let out a little laugh.

"Here, let me get that for you."

He moved over and sat closer to you, his hand reaching out to brush the petal off.

You came face to face, his hand on your cheek, and you looked into his sparkling red eyes.

He's so perfect.

He has confidence and strength of character.

He manages to smile in every situation.

And every time he does, it makes my heart lighter than air.

What's going on with me?

I think..

"(y/n), um, there's actually another reason I brought you up here."

He pulled out a small guitar that had been sitting behind the tree, and rested it on his lap.

"When I was setting up your room, and we were talking, I asked you what your favorite song was."

Is he really going to?

"And then I said it was 'Can't help falling in love' by Elvis."

"Yeah, so I asked Jirou to help me with something. And um, don't judge, cuz I'm not too good at this kind of stuff."

He looked down, sighed, and strummed the chords, beginning a special cover of the song just for you.

Wise men say

Only fools rush in

But I can't help falling in-

He paused for just a second, before continuing.

Love.

With you

Shall I stay?

Would it be a sin

If I can't help falling in love with you

Looking up for a second to see your face, he saw that you were smiling and single tear sat in your eye.

Like a river flows

Surely to the sea

Darling, so it goes

Some things are meant to be

So, take my hand

Take my whole life too

For I can't help

Falling in love with you.

...

"(y/n). I really like you. I like the way you laugh, I like the way you smile, I like the way you worry but you don't even know how amazing you are. I like the way your eyes change colour when the sun shines. I like damn near everything about you."

"I guess what I'm trying to say is that I care a lot about you, and it would make me really happy if you felt that way too."

Tears were running down your face from his words, and you tried to speak through it all.

"Of course, of course I do, I love you Kirishima."

You jumped forward and hugged him, the cherry blossom petals scattering everywhere. You laughed as you both rolled down the hill, with you ending up on top of him.

You put your hands on his chest and squeezed his shirt.

"I love you so much."

He looked in your eyes and put his hand behind your ear, smiling. As his gaze moved to your lips for but a second, he raised his head and gave you a soft kiss. 

He smells like warm milk and honey. 

This feels so good.

His kiss became more passionate as the wind lifted your hair up to the sky, the whole world melting away. You moved your hand to his head and he put his arms around you.

He opened his eyes, laid his head on the grass and let out a chuckle.

"You probably already guessed from this whole thing, but I'm kind of a helpless romantic."

"I don't ever want you to worry again, I can help you, I'll be there to protect you, always."

You sighed into a smile and rested your head on his shoulder.

"I know."

He carried you all the way back through the field and to the school building, and you proceeded to eat the rest of your lunch with your other friends.

The boys pulled Kirishima away, you talked to the girls about what had happened, and of course Mina insisted that she knew this was going to happen between you two the whole time. (◔_◔)

You kept a cherry blossom from when you and Kirishima were at the tree, and you decided to put it in your room next to your bed.

Wow.