Revelation

Your morning went as usual. You got out of bed, brushed your teeth, changed into your hero costume for morning training, and sat back down on your bed because you always found it hard to be productive in the morning. ( ̄ー ̄)

You rolled over to your left and thought about changing your style.

I feel like my hero costume is missing something, 

I wonder what I could add...

You were so deep in thought, you didn't realize you were staring at the cherry petal you had placed on your bedside three days before.

That's it!

You grabbed the cherry petal at your bedside and carefully placed it in your pocket.

•      •      •

It seems you had arrived at Ground Beta for morning training a little early, because it was just Mr. Aizawa sitting on a nearby concrete bench.

"You're certainly eager to train, y/n"

His tone seemed slightly annoyed, like you had interrupted what few precious peaceful minutes he had before having to teach your class. You fumblingly tried to save the awkward situation with a joke.

"Oh, haha, you know- just trying to get those thighs of thunder"  ┌( ΘヮΘ)┘ϟ

...

...

He didn't laugh.

Mr. Aizawa gestured to the other side of the concrete bench.

"Just sit. There's something I want to talk to you about."

You sat down and intently awaited his next words.

"I've seen how hard you work, and the more you mature, the more I feel it necessary you know the truth."

"The truth about what?"

"It's something I planned to tell you later, but it seems there'll be no better opportunity than now."

He took a pause and the seriousness of the conversation became apparent.

"You've been under the guise that your father was the one who paid for your tuition and that your father has been sending you the money you receive each month."

"I regret to tell you that's not true."

"It was UA's decision alone to let you attend and it is UA's money, as well as my own, that provides for you."

Your head filled with questions quicker than you could ask them.

"What do you mean??"

"Did something happen to my father?"

"UAs the one who's been sending me those checks?"

"Why would they do that?"

"Mr. Aizawa, why would you be involved too??"

He put his hands up and gestured for you to calm down.

"Please understand, this is a complicated situation."