15~ "I think I should go."

•Nalia's P.O.V•

Kylin flinched as I dabbed his cut with the cotton ball. After everything that just happened, I basically forced mom to go upstairs, she needed to rest and ask questions later.

I cleaned Kylin up in my connecting bathroom after getting beat by Dean, with all the punches he threw he only managed to give him a small cut above his left eyebrow and a split look.

Don't judge me but he looks sexy when he's bruised up.

"You know," Kylin started as I tossed the cotton ball in the trash. "This reminds me of when you-"

"Don't even say it," I cut him off and he laughs.

I made sure his cuts were clean before putting a band over his eyebrow.

There only had to be one reason why Dean was here and it wasn't because of Kylin. He was the baby's father and it scared the shit out of me that my mom could even sleep with a guy like that. He hit her for God's sake and hit me too!

Kylin turned my face and examined my cheek, I flinch at the sting and his eyes immediately filled with sadness.

"I'm sorry," he spoke up caressing my jaw.

"It isn't your fault, I was the one who decided to step in front," I shrug. I didn't feel sorry, I was protecting my mother and I thought I did a damn good job at it.

"When will I ever have the chance to save you," Kylin jokes, dropping his hand from my face and I giggle.

This is the second time I stepped into another one of Kylin's fight and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. He's become a huge impact in my life and I'm starting to enjoy being around him more and more.

I looked down, playing with my fingers since I don't have a clue what to do next. My heart beats as Kylin uses his finger to pull my chin up so I'm forced to look at him. Now that we're so close, I notice the gold flecks in his grey eyes which only sucked me in more deeply. My stomach releases it's butterflies and they fly around, making my heart beat fast and faster with every passing second.

I felt his face inch closer to mine and before his lips could even touch mine, there was a soft knock on the door.

I'm actually grateful but Kylin doesn't look to happy about our interrupted kiss.

"Nalia," my mother's voice was heard on the other side. "Come downstairs."

We were in the same position so I pulled away.

"Okay!"

°~°

My assumption was right. Dean was the father and definitely not a good one.

Apparently they had met at the hospital where he was visiting someone, the talk they had was deep and the rest is self explanatory. She was sure he was the one for real this time but after coming out as pregnant, he turned into a different guy. I didn't even know he was capable of being in a relationship.

That didn't stop her from questioning me and Kylin's relationship.

"We're friends."

"We're dating."

We both said at the same time. Our eyes snapped to each other and my mother laughs, shocking us both.

"Whatever you are I hope you're being responsible."

"Of course," I reply. "Always." Even though we aren't intimate like that at all. We aren't really dating even though I slowly started to feel something towards him.

My mother sighed. "I'm going to bed but I want him gone." She points at Kylin and he nods her head. She isn't big at the boyfriend staying over at the girlfriend's house and vice versa, she's laid back but strict.

"I think I should go," Kylin chuckles taking my mom's comment seriously.

I nod my head. "I'll see you tomorrow."

I walked him to the front door and watched as he left, he parked his motorcycle down the street so I closed the door releasing a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

Not only is Dean the father of my mother's baby but my father is getting freaking married in a month and we're invited, no way she'll be able to hide her belly but I knew for sure that I wanted Kylin to come with me, it only felt right if he came and I'll be much more comfortable with him by my side.

He's important to me now and that's something I never thought I would say.

I feel all over the place right now from our second time kissing yet again. I was happy but terrified at the same time, what would that make us? Would it be awkward? I don't want anything to be weird between us so I think it's best if we don't ever get that close to each other again.