Chapter 18

CHAPTER 18: Broken

I woke up and prepared myself for school. Since my dad is done with his mission. He has decided to let me have my old car back. I didn't feel like spending 40 minutes combing my hair so I just pulled it back and tied it into a lazy ponytail.

I wore a simple blue top and jeans torn at the knees. I had talked to Tracy and Denise the night before and I was supposed to pick them up. It felt good to be behind the wheel again. But I also realised that Xavier wasn't in it. I stopped by Tracy's place and she sat in te front seat next to me.

"So Xavier's gone."

"He asked me if we should tell my dad but if I do he'll kill him."

"Don't you think you may be exagerating just a little bit."

"I know my dad. "

"If you say so but I think you should tell him before Xavier disappears from your life."

I remained silent as I pulled away from her driveway and onto the street. As much as I hated what she had said she was right. I parked infront of Denise's house. She entered the back seat after throwing her bag in.

"So where's you're super hot boyfriend."

Tracy glared at her and she kept silent but what she said confirmed what I was thinking cause I may never see him again. I sighed.

"It's okay Tracy."

I reached the school in a short time but if I had known what was going to happen I wouldn't have come today.

................................................................................................................................................

Classes had ended and I was walking to my locker. I packed my books Tracy and Denise met me at my locker. Xavier had sent me a text telling me he'll come for my answer at the end of the day.

"So do you have an answer for him?"

"I don't know."

"Don't look now but the d*ckhead is coming this side." Denise said and I turned my head to see Brian heading this way.

I closed my locker as he stopped behind me. "What do you want, Brian?"

He looked at me and smirked his buddies on either side of him.

"Don't worry. I ain't here to tell you to apologize for cheating on me." I gasped clenching my fist as his friends glared at me.

"What do you want?"

Tracy was holding my other hand holding me back. She spoke on my behalf cause if I spoke I would insulted this idiotic bastard.

"Just tell my friends the name of your bodyguard that you slept with."

"You are the one that tried to rape me. A man without manhood. You're a coward."

His jaw tensed and he clenched his fist. His friends were looking at him with somewhat disgust.

"Listen to me and get me clearly. I can't stoop myself to your level and I never will."

"So are you saying you aren't dating your bodyguard."

"I can't date anyone below my standards get that through your thick skull, you d*ck head."

His friends had left him and he looked behind me smirking as if satisfied. Tracy was holding my hand and Denise my other. They looked in the direction Brian was looking at and their facial expressions changed to those of shock. I slowly turned to see Xavier with his bag over his shoulder. His expression was neutral.

"And what might those standards be." He looked pained. Tracy and Denise let go of my hands.

"Xavier... I"

"I understand. Thank you for your honesty."

He turned away and walked away. Brian walked passed me smiling.

"So you said you aren't dating him. Pity."

"Beat it Brian. You've done enough damage." Tracy said angrily and he walked away satisfied.

I felt the energy leave my legs and I staggered. Tracy and Denise supported me. Luckily, no one was in the halls. They helped me into the car and I just put my hands under my head as Tracy sat in the driver's seat. Denise sat in the back with me and I leaned on her shoulder.

"I messed it all up. I broke us."

"Don't worry. It'll be alright. It'll all work out." Denise said gently rubbing my back.

"I don't know if he'll forgive me."

"If he loves you, he will."

"That's bull shit. I just declared that I can never love someone like him. I'm just selfish."

A tear rolled down my cheek and then another followed soon I was sobbing. "I messed it up. I broke us."

Denise smoothed my hair as she tried to calm me down. When we reached home, I went straight to my room and closed it once Tracy and Denise entered locking myself inside.

Xavier's POV

I should have never done this. I shouldn't have fallen for the rich girl. I took another drink and slammed the glass.

"Give me another."

"You seem like your not yourself. Just go and lie down. Get some rest. Your flight's tomorrow."

"I know I should go and rest. Night Miguel."

"Sleep well."

"Doubt I will but I'll try."

I walked up the stairs. Vanessa could stay at the General's place for all I care. I looked at the plane ticket on my desk drawer and sighed. Lying down, I looked at the blank ceiling the ceiling fan rotating slowly. My case was on the side of my bed. Then I saw Scarlet's face. Why I'm I still thinking about her.

I sat up and looked at the clock. It was midnight. Music from the bar below was booming and I couldn't sleep. Putting on a shirt, I opened my door and walked out. I could still walk thank goodness, I took one glass. The party going on. People were dancing and the air was hot and moist.

I walked to the bar. Miguel looked like he was busy.

"Need a hand?" I asked stepping into the counter.

"You're a life saver."

He gave me a bar towel and two shakers. Okay let's see what we'll be making. I turned to a couple of girls who were checking me out.

"So what shall be having today, ladies?"

"I would like one bloody Mary, one scotch and you satisfying my every need."

Damn she's bold. I smirked. "Interesting." I put my finger under her chin and her eyes looked into mine. "Let's get you those drinks then."

She twirled hair around her finger smiling flirtatiously. I smiled back at her. After giving her her drinks, she walked off and she sat with her group of friends. I swung the towel on my shoulder and began wiping glasses.

The girl came over again and gave me her number before pecking me and walking away.

"Still a hit with the ladies, I see."

"Dude, I'm not. Just having fun."

"We'll see. By the way, go over there and get a drink for that lady."

I laughed as I passed by him. Walking over to the lady looking away,

"May I take your order miss," she turned to face me and I felt as if my heart was broken the second time.